Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,325

0 members and 3,325 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Live mouse bite and care?

I just bought 2 weeks ago a beautiful little female normal bp. She is the sweetest thing in the world and i am glad since i am still new to this. Anyway last night was feeding day and she has only been fed live small mice and it took her a little while to actually get it and when she did she got it wrong (gasp) the first ones i feed her last week she was perfect caught them both right behind the ear and no problems. This one she caught in the side.
    I had a bowl of cereal and a fresh spoon so i could eat and watch her eat and she was ok until that little white booger decided to wiggle its head out and try to bite her.
    My spoon was in the cage and under its bottom jaw and cereal went everywhere. I almost killed that little thing myself for trying to bite my little girl.
    Anyway was just wondering if she does get bit do i take her to the vet for medication?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

Re: Live mouse bite and care?

Assuming she doesn't get bit in the head, there really isn't anything that you need to do. Just clean wound with betadine and it will go away with a few sheds. Neosporin without pain killer can be used with moderation. Just use it once or twice because oil based products will soften the scales and make it slush off if you use it too much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Re: Live mouse bite and care?

Ok thats a relief. She is just now going into full blown shed. And currently in the blue eye stage. So i bumped her humidity up to between 60-64°F and i will be leaving her alone for a couple of days until she sheds. Mainly just spot cleaning and water change and makin sure her temps and stuff are ok. But is that humidity ok for shed?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk