Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,266

1 members and 3,265 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Baby snow corn.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Do not put the pad in the tank - if it shorts out and the temp skyrockets you've got one burned snake. They will not realize they've been burned until it's too late. Besides, you also don't want the risk of your snake getting into the trashbag somehow and suffocating. Don't ever put tape inside the tank - too many people (and if you search through old messages on this forum you'll see) have done so and ended up having to remove it from their snakes - sometimes with some scales. Just weight the newspaper down with the hides and deco. As I said earlier, make sure there's no gap between the pad and the bottom of the tank and perhaps if you decrease the gap between the pad and the stand that may help up the temp a bit. You may be able to fix it all w/o getting the infrared - but I think they're cool for nighttime viewing. Let us know how it goes!
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    Well I wont put it inside the tank. The pad is made for weat heat. I use to have to use it for my joints (long story). Its one of those $50 special heatpads. I got it from my doctor so I can get another. How do you keep them from getting underneith the newspaper if you dont use tape. I can see why you should but I was just curious.
    Mike

Thanks
    HAHAHA!!! I think that I might of found my problem. I have an air duct about 2 feet from the "hot" side of the tank. Thats why my hot side temp was cooler than my cold. So, I switched sides with the pad. Dont worry, it wont make the cool side to cold. Well, I switched stuff around and lessend the gap between the pad and tank. Lets see what happends now...
    Mike

Thanks
    Im about ready to give up... ITS STILL THE SAME!! Maybe im just doing it wrong. The ground is warm on the hot side. I have the big portion of the thermometer about 2 inches from the ground. the probe is also about 2 inches from the ground. Should they be on the ground? Like I said, The ground is warm to the touch but the "air" isnt. What do I do now? The hot side says, 78.8. The cool side says, 76.7. Is this ok since the hot side is warm on the ground? Im about ready to give up. I need help. lol

Mike
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    definitely put the thermometer and the probe on the ground. that should make a big difference in your readings. since that is where the snake will actually be, that is where you want to get the reading from.
    - Emily

Thanks
    Ok. Does the probe and termometer itself have to be in a certain spot. Can I put the probe in the hot spot, or does the thermometer have to be in the hot spot?
    Mike

Thanks
    Holy guakamolly!! Your a genious. It works. ITS ALIVE... ITS ALIVE!! Finally!! Your a lifesavor!! Should the part of the thermometer that detects humidity be in the hot or cool side of the tank?
    Mike

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    this is how i do it: i put the unit itself on the cool side, sitting on the floor of the tank. i put the probe under the hide on the hot side, right on the ground, so i know exactly what the temp is where my snake will be spending a lot of time.
    - Emily

Thanks
    ok thanks. I was checking out the hot temp when I figured it out and it was 140 degrees!!. Ouch. Now its at 90-95. Is that ok? My cool side is only at like 73-75. Maybe a little higher. Are these temps ok or should I try to change some of them around?
    Mike

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    you can go higher with the cool side--around 80 is good, but a little less is ok especially at night. 90 is good for the hot side, but you don't want it to get higher than 94-95 or it will be too hot.
    - Emily

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast