Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,193

0 members and 3,193 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Baby snow corn.

Thanks
    It looks good. You said you washed the mulch? I would definitely either bake or boil it to make sure you got rid of any potential little critters that could be in there.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Looks good. Just make sure the lid is strong - very strong.

They likely mean an amelanistic corn if they are saying albino - so check out pics of an amelanistic to get an idea.
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    I'm looking into getting a corn too. Actually I've been thinking about it for a long time, but as there is a big herp show coming up next month, I might just purchase one there if I find one I like. I bought the corn snake manual and have been reading through that, and Kathy Love is supposed to be at the reptile show, so maybe she'll have something for me!
    1.0 Ball Python, Norbert
    0.1 Corn Snake, Nagini
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, Peeves

Thanks
    Well crap!! I had to re-arange some stuff because my temps were off. The humidity is about 74%. I can change it by taking the plastic off the top. I only covered up half the top in plastic for humidity. They hot side is 77 and the cool side is 76. I had a 1 inch gap between the heat pad and the tank. The heat pad is ony high also. I tried to take out some bedding but it didnt work. I heard that you should have a 12/12 light cycle. Would it be ok to use a white light to heat up the hot side during the day? Should the temps stay the same 24/7 or should it be a little bit cooler during the night?
    Mike

Thanks
    is the heat pad on the same side as the light ?

77 is a litle cool for a "hot" side i think as far as having a light i used to use one but after i got my digital thermometer i was basicly raosting my snake with both the heat pad and the light so now i just use a human heat pad that covers half (or a little less) of the tank and it stays pretty warm, when i used both the light and the pad i turned the light off at night and it dropped a little bit but not to to bad so you can buy a red light for keeping the cage warm at night,
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks
    Im not using a light. I said that ill try one. The heatpad isnt doing to well. Ill keep it on untill i see changes. Ill go try a light. Do i have to use a infrared bulb at night?
    Mike

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gen
    I'm looking into getting a corn too. Actually I've been thinking about it for a long time, but as there is a big herp show coming up next month, I might just purchase one there if I find one I like. I bought the corn snake manual and have been reading through that, and Kathy Love is supposed to be at the reptile show, so maybe she'll have something for me!
    That would be awesome if you could get one of her corns. Are you interested in any particular color/pattern/morph? I'd love one of her Okeetee corns.
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptidude
    Im not using a light. I said that ill try one. The heatpad isnt doing to well. Ill keep it on untill i see changes. Ill go try a light. Do i have to use a infrared bulb at night?
    A light is not required. They do not need a light cycle. Whatever light comes into your room from outside is fine. Just think, when snakes are kept in racks they get little light. If you do use a light at night, it should be an infrared heat light as the red color will not disturb the snake, will make for easy viewing and will give off some heat. Are you using reptile or human heating pad?

I keep my corn at 72-73 cool and 85 warm side.
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'd remove all the plastic. They don't need high humidity. Most actually don't even measure it with corns. Why do you have a gap between the heat pad and the tank? I'd get the pad as close to the tank as possible - you want a gap between the pad and the stand that the cage is on so that there is airflow beneath the pad.
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    i got about a 1 inch gap between the HUMAN HEATPAD and the stand. Ill use a reg white bulb until winter. I just re-done my cage and theres a bunch of hinds in it now. I dont think a little bit of light will hurt. How much are those infrared bulbs?
    Mike

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast