Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,302

3 members and 3,299 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Baby snow corn.

Thanks
    yes they are, they are usually very docile and they dont need much of the special care that a bp needs like temp and humidity wise.
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks
    How much does a miami phase corn run?
    Mike

Thanks
    Ah crap! I dont know the diffrence between any of them. lol. It looks like 10 other phases also. lol. forget the question above. I really dont know how to tell the diffrence. I know how to tell white from other colors. I dont understand how someone can just say its a okeetee or a miami phase. They look the same to me!! lol. Ghosts, snows, and albinos look the same. lol.

Besides me going on about that heres a question. What color is a snow when it gets older. Like the color of its eyes and stuff. Do they have unique patterns?
    Mike

Thanks
    yeah its pretty hard to tell what kind of morph it really is, im gettin a candy corn but it looks like alot of other diffent type of corns

snows usually have red eyes and i guess they all have unique patterns..all snakes do
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Corns are a great first snake!

I realize the prices of Kathy Love and Don Soderbergs corns go up with shipping, but I just wanted to give you an example of what a highly regarded breeder of corns charges compared to the stores (besides, they don't get the shipping fees as profit, just the $25-35 price of the snake). The price may increase with shipping, but really depends if you're as concerned with getting a top quality morph from a wellknown quality breeder or not. I got mine from a local breeder that I trust and respect greatly - if I hadn't found him I'd have gone with Kathy or Don. With the three of them I feel confident in paying good money for a quality corn. I'd personally never buy from a petstore only breeders to support them, but I won't pay the inflated prices they have when they can't tell me jack about the individual animals (and their general husbandry bothers me). But that is solely my opinion - I know not everyone agrees with me.

I found Kathy and Don's sites very helpful in learning the differences between the morphs. I also recommend "The Corn snake Manual" by kathy love and "A color guide to Corns snakes" by Michael J McEachern. I found them both at my library if you don't want to buy them.

When they are hatchlings it can be difficult to tell the morphs apart - some are born one way and then develop their color as they age. It helps in that case to look at pics of adults.

Where are you looking for pics of morphs? Snows, ghosts and albinos (I'm assuming you mean amelanistics, there's really no albino corn) look totally different. Snows generally have pink blotches, white background (and sometimes yellow) with red/pink eyes. There are snows with green instead of the pink. For the most part their color/pattern stays the same as they age - just might change slightly. Ghosts have pale-pinkish lavendar blotches on a whitish background.

Okeetee and normal look identical with the execption of the Okeetee has a bolder/thicker black border and deep red dorsal blotches. I find normals and okeetees difficult to distinguish. Miamas have a silver-grey background color. Okeetees and Miamis are technically all normals - as they are naturally occuring wild types that really/originally described the locality of the corn.

Snakes have unique patterns-like fingerprints.
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks

got my digital thermometer today

now that i see what crap pet stores treat there animals like i will prolly never buy from one again (but prolly from petco for like supplies and stuff) breeders take MUCH better care of thier snakes and know alot more about them and usually know one from the other , if its eating,etc etc

about the colors......before i dont know why i was so concerned with it, a snake is a snake,you know, id rather have a nice healthy ,friendly snake in a boring or ugly color(i dont think there is any ) than have the most beautiful morph that has a suckie personality.
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher

Thanks
    I called someone and they said they have an albino for 40 dolars. Its about 6-7 inches long and it eats live pinkie mice. Is this reasonable? I might go up today and check it out. there is also a normal one for 30. are the albinos that orangish color one?
    Mike

Thanks

Re: Yeah

as far as ive seen an albino corn snake looks red and white, kinda like a candy cane corn snake, unless it is a black albino or and anery (tiger explained it to me) those are black and white but as they grow the white gets darker into a greyish type color and the devolp yellow markings,but a plain albino corn snake should be white and red and maybe some orange when it gets older,

i say 40 is a good price,thats what im paying for my baby but i dont know exactly how long it is but its a heck of alot bigger than the others becuase he/she eats like a pig

40 dollars may be cheap for one person and totally to expensive for another person, i wouldent pay a totally ridiculous price for one, i would just go with your gut and see what you can afford
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher

Thanks
    ok. is this a good enclosure for a corn? I think its a 25 or 30 gallon. The demsions turned up to be like 26.8. I dont know if I should round it up or down. lol. heres the pics.

cypress mulch for substrate. I washed it before i put it in so its kinda sticken to everything. Theres 2 hides. one on cool and one on hot. Theres a human heat pad 1/3 of the enclosure. Its on the left. Water bowl is in the back left hand corner. 2 climbing limbs and a fake plant. What do you think? Will it do? Oh yeah, the temps/ humidity are wrong because I just set it up.
    Mike

Thanks
    looks good !
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher