Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,306

2 members and 3,304 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

My Ball python Zeus :D

Hey guys I bought a ball python about 8 months old back in july, he shedded twice once when i bought him he then fed and shedded about a week after. He then went off his food and did not eat untill november... I got him force fed up the vets where my wife works, After this I left it about a month and fed him med mice he ate 10 from december to feb which on the 13th i fed him a jumbo mouse which he gulped down... He has since gone pale and looks like he's about to shed, he was originally eating rats but went off them and would not eat which is why I dropped down to the mice...

I was wondering after he sheds now how long should I leave it and should i try him on a medium rat again?

any help be brill ty ty

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts
    After he sheds it will be over a week since he last ate so any time after he kicks his shed you could try really. If you felt sfer you could give him 24 hrs after he sheds to relax. You could wait a week after he sheds if you were more comfortable. If it were me I would offer after he sheds and if he didnt seem interested I would wait 5-7 dys and try again. Or just give him what yu know he will eat and try the rat again at a later date. Sorry, rambled a bit...
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    Thanks for the info, was just worried that the mice aren ot filling my boy up, Last time he shed he didnt eat for months but I would like him to grow some as he gained about 2 inches last time and hes now about a 18 inches in length now, but hasnt poo'd for months so im sure he was just really hungry and his bodys now soaking up the food he's ate over the last few months
    Happy Owner of a Ball Python , Hog nosed, leopord gheko, a rescued Common house gheko from some bannanas in a supermarket
    and my little Curly haired trantula
    Kronos - male salmon Boa

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Re: My Ball python Zeus :D

You could always do multiple mice at one feeding. Or feed them every 5 days insead of every 7 days. You just got to play around with things and see what works best for Zeus All snakes are different. Some are better eaters then others, some won't take multiple prey items, some like larger prey items while others like small, some prefer live, some f/t, some don't care, some like mice, som rats, some African soft furs, some don't matter. You just got to figure out what works best for theparticular snake in question
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    Thanks for the info dude, sadly i live in the uk so my boy will never eat live mice (unless the wife is away hehe)
    Happy Owner of a Ball Python , Hog nosed, leopord gheko, a rescued Common house gheko from some bannanas in a supermarket
    Kronos - male salmon Boa

Thanks
    O YES..... after allowing Zeus to shed over the weekend... he's finally double fed gave him a jumbo n a large mouse and this morning was the first tiem he's pooped since aug last year haha thanks for the help guys
    Kronos - male salmon Boa

Thanks
    also fed him a medium mouse yesterday so 3 mice in 2 days i think hes getting ready for a rat now hehe
    Kronos - male salmon Boa