Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,199

2 members and 3,197 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Making a new morph for the community

1st hello to everyone.

My goal isn't to make a new morph to make alot of $$$$. I want to give something permanent to the ball python community, something that everyone can enjoy. I have a recipe to follow to make what i think could be a new morph that hasn't been created yet. My issue is i dont have a big enough pan to fry all of them together at once, lol jk teehee. ok Really my issue is I want to talk to someone about my plans but i dont want any one to steal my idea. If i did the math rite I have a 1 in 64 chance of getting the morph i want but it wont happen for another year probably I just got the males on a deal I couldnt pass up. i know I shouldve got the females 1st but I got 3 males 1 - fire 1- OG and 1 het Clown all for $40 all born in november. I know alot of breeders already have the stacked gene BPs to breed to make the morph i think is going to be new. Is there anywhere or way i can register the morph im trying to make so that no1 makes it be4 I do or even find out if it has already been created. The Genetic wizard does not do more the 1 gene at a time unless I havent found it yet. My 1st step is to breed a bumble bee to a firefly. What would be the best combo out of that morph other then the bel.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Genetic wizard does not do more the 1 gene at a time unless I havent found it yet.
    Yes it does you just need to know how to use it.

Select the genes for the male (if multiple gene hold CTRL and select the genes in question), select the genes for the female (if multiple gene hold CTRL and select the genes in question

For the rest good luck with everything

BTW making a new combo that was never made before does not make you lot's of $$$$ and can take a looooong time if even achieved
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 02-18-2014 at 12:08 AM.
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Annarose15 (02-17-2014),Mephibosheth1 (02-18-2014),Slim (02-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Hello and welcome to BP.net!

If your future morph isn't here, it's probably not been made yet:

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/

You can't trademark a morph, and we don't register like the AKC. Basically, the first one to post a pic, youtube video, or display it at a reptile show wins...

If you want, you can PM me with your idea. I'm not a breeder, and have no interest in stealing your deal. However, I gotta' tell you that the genes you have listed so far have already been worked into a metric butt ton of different combos.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

Annarose15 (02-17-2014),Mephibosheth1 (02-18-2014)

Thanks
    Deborah- Thank you very much. So how do people like NERD and BHB come up with $50000 snakes. Like the 1st coral glow what was that worth and why so much.

Slim- I know the morphs have already been worked with i said that but thats only 1 part of it. i have 2 more stacks that will end up in 1 hopefully.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Making a new morph for the community

Quote Originally Posted by Snatantula View Post
    Deborah- Thank you very much. So how do people like NERD and BHB come up with $50000 snakes. Like the 1st coral glow what was that worth and why so much.
    Those were not new combos those were new mutations imported and proven genetics hence the price tag early on.

Unless you are creating a new combo with a fairly new gene that is still untapped (Sunset, Scaleless) you will not make tons of $$$$$
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 02-17-2014 at 11:29 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Slim- I know the morphs have already been worked with i said that but thats only 1 part of it. i have 2 more stacks that will end up in 1 hopefully.
    NERD and BHB have been in the game for a looooong time and have paid their dues...unless you have a boat load of cash to spend, or hit it big with a "normal" that proves to be something special, it's probably gonna take you a loooooooong time and you'll have to pay your dues as well. If you think it's gonna be easy, you're sadly mistaken. Most likely you'll be selling out in a couple of years, dissapointed, out of money and fed up...happens all the time...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks
    Deborah- wow that helped so much and yes it tells me that 3 morphs that have not been cerated yet have a 1/32 chance of coming out of my final clutch. Anybody have a time machine I cant wait.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Deborah- wow that helped so much and yes it tells me that 3 morphs that have not been cerated yet have a 1/32 chance of coming out of my final clutch. Anybody have a time machine I cant wait.
    Keep in mind...whatever combination you're considering right now...there's probably a hundred experienced breeders working on the same combination...right now. Save up for that time machine.
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:

Raven01 (02-18-2014)

Thanks
    NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY that was the 1st thing i said. Ive been breeding other animals like king snakes, My Olde English Bulldogge, Tarantulas, rats,cockroaches. This is just my 1st year for BPs not breeding in general. I have lots of patience and also enjoy the journey from baby to adult.
    The scaleless BP that Brian produced from just the scales mising from the head of 2 other BPs. WOW he was offered $125,000 or $250,000 for that.

Thanks

Wink

Im gonna drive 88 MPH everywhere I go.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast