Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,412

4 members and 3,408 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

INTRODUCING THE JUNGLEWOMA ENCHI SPIDER... and many more Junglewoma combos

I am late sharing some new stuff, so I am just going to share my junglewoma stuff to have a complete post on my work with the gene to date.
    Thanks for looking...

The new stuff for me this season is the Junglewoma Enchi Spider(World of Ball Python's first), super junglewoma(aka "puzzleback"), junglewoma enchi. I've included previous year's photos of butter Junglewoma, spider Junglewoma, butter spider junglewoma and the single gene junglewoma in case people are not familiar with the gene and it's combos.

If you are not familiar with the junglewoma gene go to my Facebook page and look at the album labelled Jungle Woma for some additional photos.

The Jungle Woma is a incomplete dominate mutation with the super form being called the "Puzzleback". This is unrelated to the "puzzle" gene. Jungle Womas are a subtle mutation, but can be distinguished easily next to a normal. I've enclosed a photo here next to a dark normal.
    The name is quite misleading as Junglewomas are not related to other "jungle" mutations or the Woma gene. The line I work with originated from CV exotics.

Junglewoma characteristics include:

Overall brighter color with more oranges especially in combos(see spiders)
    Tend to lighten as they get older
    Reduced combined type-pattern
    Black spots on labial pits giving a mustache look.
    Lighter area on the top of the head.

JungleWoma Enchi Spider

Super JungleWoma(puzzleback)

JungleWoma next to dark normal for comparison

JungleWoma

JungleWoma Enchi

JungleWoma Butter Pattern

JungleWoma Butter next to a butter

JungleWoma Butter Spider

JungleWoma Butter Spider x JungleWoma Butter (shed)

Original JungleWoma Spider Female in our collection as a hatchling(photo from CV exotics)

JungleWoma Spider female prior to her first clutch in our collection

Jesse
    Naples, FL

www.facebook.com/havensballs

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Apparently you need a facebook to see pictures, mind posting them here?

Is however a cool gene, I like it a lot actually. Is kind of annoying they named it a combination of 2 established names. Guess there always het puzzleback to fall on. Look forward to seeing what else this gene creates.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

Sorry for peeing in the cereal bowl, but...

While I think that Jungle Woma Butter Spider is a rock star, I'm not quite so jazzed about the basic Jungle Woma gene. I've seen about 6 of them live, and in living color, and to me the poorer examples look like reduced pattern Pastels, while the better examples look like nice reduced pattern Pastels with cool head blushing.

I will say that due to the fact that Jungle Womas tend to get lighter as they age, there might me some real potential for evening out some of the morph combos that are know to darken as they get older.

I think it's great that you are enjoying working with them, and are obviously having a good deal of success!
    Last edited by Slim; 02-11-2014 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Sp
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Thanks

Re: Sorry for peeing in the cereal bowl, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    While I think that Jungle Woma Butter Spider is a rock star, I'm not quite so jazzed about the basic Jungle Woma gene. I've seen about 6 of them live, and in living color, and to me the poorer examples look like reduced pattern Pastels, while the better examples look like nice reduced pattern Pastels with cool head blushing.

I will say that due to the fact that Jungle Womas tend to get lighter as they age, there might me some real potential for evening out some of the morph combos that are know to darken as they get older.

I think it's great that you are enjoying working with them, and are obviously having a good deal of success!
    I agree that the single gene junglewoma is not the most impressive looking snake.

It is the potential of the gene that excites me. I think it may be similar to the orange dream, in that, the power of the gene will be seen in combos and especially in the super gene combos while the single gene mutation is more of an ingredient than an impressive specimen by itself.
    Time will tell.
    It is one of the genes out there that really produces snakes that get better with age and look very good as adults.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Jesse
    Naples, FL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jhaven For This Useful Post:

Slim (02-11-2014)

Thanks
    awesome stuff, but the gene needs a new name.

on my mental harddrive, woma is one of the wobble-genes, along with hidden gene woma, and i would expect any combination of anything that has "woma" with spider to have a severe wobble, or be lethal. and i would expect the super form to have a severe wobble, be lethal, or be mysteriously absent. and, also in my mind, "jungle" is something that reminds me of ancient lines of pastel, you know, when it was called jungle pastel.

now tell me about "jungle woma", and memories come up, and turn into misconceptions, and based on what i know, i imagine a wobbly version of pastel or something. you know, like pastel, but with a slight spider wobble and a fancy name and a lethal / severe wobble super form. something like that. it needs a new name, just call it "laser" or "cube" or whatever, just let it be ONE WORD that isnt already a BP morph in any way."jungle woma", for many, translates into "idontwanttohaveit (another "version" of pastel that will just be pastel) idontwanttohaveit (mild form of spider wobble, with a mild form of spider optics, not to be combined with spider or champ)".

really, the name could not possibly be worse. call it "square", call it "angel", just pick something, but before i call it "jungle woma" i would rather call it "turd sandwich". at least "turd sandwich" does not carry a bunch of negative connotations in BP breeding.

that being said, its a subtle but interesting gene with a really interesting super form, and in this way it reminds me a bit of the lori ball.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks

Re: INTRODUCING THE JUNGLEWOMA ENCHI SPIDER... and many more Junglewoma combos

Quote Originally Posted by Pythonfriend View Post
    awesome stuff, but the gene needs a new name.

that being said, its a subtle but interesting gene with a really interesting super form, and in this way it reminds me a bit of the lori ball.
    I agree the name is not good. I am not the originator of the gene or the name and not sure the protocol to just change the name of a poorly named project.

I have been using the acronym JW for the single gene and puzzleback for the super when referring to it on my Facebook page.

GHI is an acronym on a project that did quite well without some breeders knowing what it stood for.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Jesse
    Naples, FL

Thanks

You make great job but best for me are super JungleWoma and JungleWoma Butter.

Send from tapatalk

Thanks
    i wondered what GHI stands for for quite a while, then i researched it, and was amazed to find out that it actually stands for "gotta have it".

a name change is easy: just go for it. noone can give you a permission because noone "owns" the name, and noone can stop you. just pick a name and go ahead, and add "(formerly known as junglewoma)". you have the gene, you work with it, you are producing awesome new combos with it and world firsts, so you are totally qualified to go ahead and push for a name change. maybe others adapt it, maybe they dont, maybe it will just become known as your own line of that morph, but i dont see a risk, i dont see how you could lose anything.

you could make a thread asking for suggestions, and then a second thread to let people vote on the suggestions you got. i would be happy to participate, so there is no excuse, if you dont think you have the creativity to come up with an awesome name, this forum community will surely help you.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pythonfriend View Post
    i wondered what GHI stands for for quite a while, then i researched it, and was amazed to find out that it actually stands for "gotta have it".

a name change is easy: just go for it. noone can give you a permission because noone "owns" the name, and noone can stop you. just pick a name and go ahead, and add "(formerly known as junglewoma)". you have the gene, you work with it, you are producing awesome new combos with it and world firsts, so you are totally qualified to go ahead and push for a name change. maybe others adapt it, maybe they dont, maybe it will just become known as your own line of that morph, but i dont see a risk, i dont see how you could lose anything.

you could make a thread asking for suggestions, and then a second thread to let people vote on the suggestions you got. i would be happy to participate, so there is no excuse, if you dont think you have the creativity to come up with an awesome name, this forum community will surely help you.
    Good suggestions. Thanks for the feedback.
    Jesse
    Naples, FL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts

So it is different than Woma. Crazy.

I'm not overly impressed by anything but the Super though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast