Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,457

5 members and 3,452 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Thread: My first pokie!

Thanks
    I am so happy, I just got a Poecilotheria regalis she is so beautiful! She is also a piggy eater. I just got her two days ago so I figured maybe I should try feeding her and sure thing she ate 7 crickets! Then today I tried giving her a dead gold fish and she ate that too! Well, I know that pokies can be really mean but this one doesnt seem all that mean. I mean Im not going to let her crawl around on me or anything. But, I mean I was giving her a different water dish and she was no more that an inch from my hand and did nothing. Well, if anyone can give me any suggestions for keeping a Poecilotheria regalis let me know! Ill try to get some pics of her and my other Ts

Thanks
    Spiders definitely arent my thing .. but Congratulations on the new addition. When we gonna see some pics?

Poecilotheria regalis is an Indian Ornamental Tarantuala right?? ( not to up on my latin spider species yet )
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    I will try to get some pics up real soon. Yes, Poecilotheria regalis has the common name Indian Ornamental. I am trying to get another pokie but the only ones they have at the pet store near me are Poecilotheria regalis and I don't want to get another one right now. So if anyone would like to sell another pokie to me it would be great! I am also thinking about either getting a Red tail boa or a African Rock Python. Well I will try to get some pics up soon!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    congrats! i can't wait to see some pics.
    - Emily

Thanks
    p. regalis are really cool i have a p. formosa 6 inches. they like large crickets, live pinkies, green/brown anoles. if you don't know they are arboreal ( a 10 gal. upright is good). place a water bowl and some kind of vertical wood/bark for a hide. mine is calm too.
    i don't hold her though! i read somewhere a guy was bit and had random muscle cramps and spasms for 3 weeks all over his body.

thanks

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks
    Oooohhhh...post some pics! I LOVE regalis - used to keep a bunch of them!!!

Also - go with a redtail over an AfRock. African Rocks are literally a giant commitment & can easily come complete with a nasty attitude. Boas are more of a snake you can have fun with.

Just my $.02
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks
    Yea, I will try to get some pics up real soon my camera is in the shop right now. So either I buy a crappy camera or just wait I think I will wait tho. I also just found like a nest of garter snakes in my backyard well my dogs sorta did. So I was thinking about feedng those to my Ts but I dont know. If anyone can give me some input on that it would be great. I have taken one of the snakes into my home and put him into a critter keeper. He seems sorta happy he burrows like crazy. But yea right now I have my P. regalis in a five gallon tank, but thats also what I have all of my Ts in. My P. regalis isnt that big Im guessing only about 3-4" I have cork branchs in its tank to climb on. I felt bad for him becasue at the pet store he is from he was in a 8" x 4" container that was only about 2 and a half inches tall. So I think he is a little bit happier. ALso I am getting a RTB he will be here at his new home in about a week. Around when I get my camera back.