Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,041

2 members and 3,039 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,132
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
    Thanks

opinions/ options for another male

today at the white plains expo i kinda got a kick in the ass to really want to start breeding. my next pickup would be a lemonblast female, and i would pair with my bumble bee. i would also pair my butter to my bee, but i want another male in the mix. My goal for the butter would be to pair with a lesser and try and get blue eyes lucys but i would like to have the lesser with one more gene and i dont know what i would want it to be. Any suggestions ?
    0.1 pastel
    0.1 butter
    1.0 bumble bee

Thanks
    maybe something with enchi or black pastel or fire? these genes are good codominant basic morphs that should work well with all the genes you have so far.

then, butter and lesser are the same morph (beyond reasonable doubt), and super lessers, super butters, and also the lesser butter sometimes have eye issues. its not that big of a deal because BPs dont really rely on their eyes all that much. but if the idea is to get around it by combining lesser and butter, that wont work. also, if you mix lesser and butter, you can never figure out what is what again, so you end up calling them all lessers. or butters. or lesser/butters.

what works in avoiding the issue is to go for lesser mojave. later on, its also nice to have mojave, because you can use it for mystic potion and purple passion. super mojaves are also nice, they are not completely white but have a grey head and a slight touch of grey throughout the body.

you might also want to look at sugar/calico. and, its a matter of taste, some dont like how adult bananas look like, i like them, yes they change a lot and the lavender colors go away and you get these black dots. but banana / coral glow are coming down in price so rapidly that if you do like them, a male may be in your price range.

if course a post like this must be incomplete, because there are so many options.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pythonfriend For This Useful Post:

bandicoot4 (02-10-2014)

Thanks

Re: opinions/ options for another male

Quote Originally Posted by Pythonfriend View Post
    maybe something with enchi or black pastel or fire? these genes are good codominant basic morphs that should work well with all the genes you have so far.

then, butter and lesser are the same morph (beyond reasonable doubt), and super lessers, super butters, and also the lesser butter sometimes have eye issues. its not that big of a deal because BPs dont really rely on their eyes all that much. but if the idea is to get around it by combining lesser and butter, that wont work. also, if you mix lesser and butter, you can never figure out what is what again, so you end up calling them all lessers. or butters. or lesser/butters.

what works in avoiding the issue is to go for lesser mojave. later on, its also nice to have mojave, because you can use it for mystic potion and purple passion. super mojaves are also nice, they are not completely white but have a grey head and a slight touch of grey throughout the body.

you might also want to look at sugar/calico. and, its a matter of taste, some dont like how adult bananas look like, i like them, yes they change a lot and the lavender colors go away and you get these black dots. but banana / coral glow are coming down in price so rapidly that if you do like them, a male may be in your price range.

if course a post like this must be incomplete, because there are so many options.
    the banana is always in the back of my mind, it will probably be the last purchace i would make for this year, a nice xmas present to myself but i was also thinking a fire i know they tend to clean up patters. Im going to play around with the genetic wizard and see what would look nice. Since this would be my first time breeding i would just be happy with healthy eggs. I like the idea of the leser mojave tho, i have always been a fan of mystic potions so this could be a good year thank you !
    0.1 pastel
    0.1 butter
    1.0 bumble bee

Thanks

I would get another female.
    Lemon blast is nice and you plan on that so next get a female firefly ( fire, pastel ).
    When your other girls are ready get a male pastave ( pastel, mojave ) for your butter.
    Lesser X butter can have eye issues so avoid that pairing.
    You have a strong 2 gene male now so build an army of females then slowly
    add males.
    Just my .02 cents.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to brock lesser For This Useful Post:

bandicoot4 (02-11-2014)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Yeah, I would add another female or two. Having a nice diverse group of females will give you a lot of options in the future.
    Family:
    0.1 Wife
    3.1 Kids

Balls:
    1.0 Lesser Pied, 1.0 VPI Snow, 1.0 Super Pastel Mojave, 1.1 Albino het VPI Axanthic G-Stripe, 1.0 Albino Black Pastel, 2.2 Triple het VPI Axanthic/Albino/Pied, 1.1 Triple het VPI Axanthic/Albino/G-Stripe, 0.1 Pastel BEL(Mojave/Lesser), 0.1 Sterling Mojave, 0.2 Pied, 0.2 Kingpin het Pied, 0.1 Cinnamon Lesser het Pied, 0.2 Clown, 0.1 Citrus Pewter Calico, 0.1 Pastel Mystic, 0.1 Mystic, 0.2 Cinnapin, 0.1 VPI Axanthic G-Stripe, 0.1 G-Stripe het Albino, 0.1 G-Stripe, 0.1 Pewter, 0.1 Lesser, 0.2 Spider ph Pied, 0.1 Spotnose ph Pied, 0.1 Spinner, 0.1 Black Pastel, 0.1 Normal

Other:
    1.0 Husky
    0.1 Husky/Lab