Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,297

1 members and 3,296 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms

Thanks

Re: Firearms

Me and my wife are both licensed to carry. I carry a ruger SR9 and a LC9, and her carry gun is a Bersa thunder .380. I have 4 other hand guns including a 1911.

I have around 10 long guns including an AR that my wife got me for Christmas. It is a Core15 Tac3.

I love to shoot, but I have become more of a bullet hoarder because of how tough it is to get right now.

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Craigaria View Post
    Me and my wife are both licensed to carry. I carry a ruger SR9 and a LC9, and her carry gun is a Bersa thunder .380. I have 4 other hand guns including a 1911.

I have around 10 long guns including an AR that my wife got me for Christmas. It is a Core15 Tac3.

I love to shoot, but I have become more of a bullet hoarder because of how tough it is to get right now.
    I know the feeling, I have a small stock pile of ammo myself.
    I have 2 Cores that I have not had time to take out, how do you like yours?
    Do you have the standard Bersa or the "carry" model?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    I know the feeling, I have a small stock pile of ammo myself.
    I have 2 Cores that I have not had time to take out, how do you like yours?
    Do you have the standard Bersa or the "carry" model?
    I have only put about 60 rounds through the AR. That was Christmas morning we went out at 7:30 am and shot it off the back porch. It shot great no issues. Core 15 rifles are mil-spec plus and their warrany is excellent so I feel like you can't go wrong with them. I just put a red dot on it and my plan is to sight it in this weekend.

My wife's Bersa is standard size but I can conceal it in my front pants pocket if needed. I actually bought the LC9 for her but she didn't like the double action pull so I traded the Bersa to her. Worked for me, the LC9 is a good bit smaller and has a lazermax on it. I bought a nice in the pants holster for it and it carries great.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    1911 is .45 and the XDm is 9mm...also have a Walther P22 that's fun to shoot...when it isn't jamming...

I have a Walther P22 also that I modded. Check out the P22 bible and it walks you through all of the mods to make it shoot bulk ammo without issues.

When I first got mine it would jam 7 out of ten rounds. S&W makes the P22. I called S&W to order a part and they acted like they didn't have any issues with the P22. Their solution to the problem is shooting only maxi mags through it. I bought a 22 lr so I could shoot for cheap. If I knew it would only shoot expensive lr, I would have passed on it.

I think I'm done with S&W. The three I have owned all had firing issues out of the box and two of them had recalls and actually discharged while closing the bolt.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Craigaria For This Useful Post:

sho220 (02-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craigaria View Post
    I have only put about 60 rounds through the AR. That was Christmas morning we went out at 7:30 am and shot it off the back porch. It shot great no issues. Core 15 rifles are mil-spec plus and their warrany is excellent so I feel like you can't go wrong with them. I just put a red dot on it and my plan is to sight it in this weekend.

My wife's Bersa is standard size but I can conceal it in my front pants pocket if needed. I actually bought the LC9 for her but she didn't like the double action pull so I traded the Bersa to her. Worked for me, the LC9 is a good bit smaller and has a lazermax on it. I bought a nice in the pants holster for it and it carries great.
    The carry bersa has fixed low profile sights that are not marked at all, thats the only difference. Yours are high with white dot ot line correct?

Thanks

The carry bersa has fixed low profile sights that are not marked at all, thats the only difference. Yours are high with white dot ot line correct?
    I had to go look at it, but the sights are low and the rear is adjustable. They have red dots front and rear. It doesn't say carry on the gun or the box though. I bought it new about 8 years ago so they may have made some changes since then. It is still one of my favorites. Satin nickel and Super accurate and reliable...

Thanks

You can see how low the rear sight is here. Its the best photo i have taken before it trimmed back the holster to fit. It is actually made into the rear of the slide.

Thanks

Ah yes....things that go bang. I am not fond of listing inventory online but I'll throw this out there....I very much enjoy plinking with my .223....I enjoy busting clays or chukars with my 12.....I'm prepared for zombies.....I've put arrows through critters and have bear skulls on the wall courtesy of my .270......Love to carry my .45 on my hip in the woods and have little guys that pack a punch in my pocket often. Having a fully functioning reloading bench provides cheap and high quality rounds for myself as well as my brother in law and his M&P.

My favorite to shoot: My Bushmaster .223 with a 3x9 50mm pushing 55gr pills or my .45 Kimber Custom II with ball handloads. Favorite to shoot that makes almost no sound....my Hoyt 2013 Spyder 34 with QAD Ultra Rest and Spott Hogg sight.

Thanks

You can see how low the rear sight is here. Its the best photo i have taken before it trimmed back the holster to fit. It is actually made into the rear of the slide.
    my sights are higher than that, so it is definitely not the carry model. Nice looking setup there. Where can I get that holster? Right now I have a fobus for the Bersa, but I think my wife would like that...
    1.0 lesser yellowbelly
    1.0 banana
    1.0 black pastel
    0.1 lesserbee (Alice)
    1.0 firefly (cranky Frankie)
    0.1 fire (Dottie)
    0.1 het clown
    1.0 double het pied/clown (Stryker)
    1.0 bearded dragon (Ziggy)
    0.1 sulcata (Ellie)
    1.0 mini schnauzer (Bailey)
    1.0 b rainbow boa (Trip)

Thanks

This is the favorite of mine...

Kimber Pro-Carry, .45 ACP, night sights, bobtail, thin grips, bolt on plunger tube, 3.5 lb trigger job, tuned extractor & ejector, minor meltdown on the slide.

This is what I carried, back when I carried.

John

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast