Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,233

1 members and 3,232 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: FINALLY got a Blue Eyed Leucistic (FEMALE!)!!!

A beautiful BEL girl, and a steal for a price! As for the pinkishness of the snake.. Mine was like that too, when I first got him. And he gets super pink when he's getting ready to go blue.

As for the samsung galaxy s3 taking pictures.. I dunno. For a cell phone camera, I think it does well enough job. Little bit of fuzzyness from the lens. I think it's smudged.
    1.0 Hypo Sonoran 100% het Leopard Boa
    1.0 Spider Ringer 100% Het Pied
    1.0 Blue Eye Lucy (Lesser/Mojave)
    1.1 Brooks Kingsnake
    8.7 Cornsnakes
    1.1 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pythonfriend View Post
    beautiful

quarantine will be important.

but, seriously, you now dislike your phone because phone pictures turn out crappy? the solution is simple: do not take pictures with your phone, get a camera. when you have a digital camera, it will be better than any phone you can get anywhere. and then get a phone that sounds good and that is good when it comes to social media and so on. dont judge a phone by its camera, i say its not really supposed to have one anyway. the size of the lens brings with it some serious physical constraints. its amazing what you can do when the detector is 3 centimeters and the front lens is 8 centimeters. i have a telephoto lens that will amplify brightness by orders of magnitude, aperture 10 cm, no zoom, but minimum magnification is so insane that you cannot fit the moon on one picture. when you take a picture of the moon with it, and get around the issue that its so bright that the moon just looks like a white disc, a section of the moon is missing because it will not fit into the frame. anyway, im rambling, i just want to say: never trust a camera with an aperture below 1 centimeter. they are all crap, all of them.
    You clearly haven't used a camera on a phone in the last 5 years, and if you're using an amazing lens that makes the moon look like a "big white disc," it's not the camera that's at fault. It's the photographer. The 2 year old HTC Evo I'm typing this on has a 5mp 3D camera that shoots video at 720p, and will DEFINITELY do a lot more than I've bothered to figure out. Every control my Nikons have is on here, with the exception of exposure bracketing.

For some examples of what someone who actually knows what to do with a camera phone (unlike myself) take a look at this page...

http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iph...ple-images.htm

I'd be proud to have shot these photos with a 24mp Nikon, and these were shot on an iPhone.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Oh, I'm so jealous! LOL I'm really happy for you though. How about naming her Bella? She's a BEL (BELla), and she's beautiful (bella means beautiful).
    0.1 Normal? Harlequin? Ball Python, "Rizzo"
    0.1 Albino Corn Snake, "Dilyn"
    0.1 Caramel Motley Corn Snake, "Calypso"
    0.1 Feline, "MissChief" (mischief)

Thanks

Pretty pretty and great deal. I'm on a s3 (rooted) and I can take some pretty good pictures with this phone. My fiancee uses the stock ROM and cam app on her s3 and her pictures are not as good. All just depends on the lighting and what software you're using for the cam.
    0.1 Fiancé (amdarco)

Python Regius
    1.0 normal, 1.0 albino, 1.1 pastel, 1.1 mojave, 0.1 spider, 0.1 black pastel, 0.1 100% het albino, 0.1 mystic

Morelia Spilota
    1.0 Coastal(Mcdowelli)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pythonfriend View Post
    beautiful

quarantine will be important.

but, seriously, you now dislike your phone because phone pictures turn out crappy? the solution is simple: do not take pictures with your phone, get a camera. when you have a digital camera, it will be better than any phone you can get anywhere. and then get a phone that sounds good and that is good when it comes to social media and so on. dont judge a phone by its camera, i say its not really supposed to have one anyway. the size of the lens brings with it some serious physical constraints. its amazing what you can do when the detector is 3 centimeters and the front lens is 8 centimeters. i have a telephoto lens that will amplify brightness by orders of magnitude, aperture 10 cm, no zoom, but minimum magnification is so insane that you cannot fit the moon on one picture. when you take a picture of the moon with it, and get around the issue that its so bright that the moon just looks like a white disc, a section of the moon is missing because it will not fit into the frame. anyway, im rambling, i just want to say: never trust a camera with an aperture below 1 centimeter. they are all crap, all of them.
    I dont dislike the phone because of the camera, I have a Nikon J1 (not the greatest but its pretty damn nice), the problem is the phone itself is a piece of crap
    Ball Pythons in my collection:
    Male Cinnamon
    Male Spider
    Male Mojave
    Female Bumblebee
    Female Pastel
    Female Lesser
    Female Blue Eyed Leucistic (my prized possession)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wamba681 View Post
    A beautiful BEL girl, and a steal for a price! As for the pinkishness of the snake.. Mine was like that too, when I first got him. And he gets super pink when he's getting ready to go blue.

As for the samsung galaxy s3 taking pictures.. I dunno. For a cell phone camera, I think it does well enough job. Little bit of fuzzyness from the lens. I think it's smudged.
    Nice picture, I assumed the red was from going in to shed soon, she whitened up a bit on the face compared to last night.

She is now in her PVC box (w/ hide and heat tape and all that stuff) for now until I get her display tank set up this weekend coming up, this will be her home, not the rack.

No signs of mites yet so I think she's perfectly fine! I know the QT will remain forever since she will have her own display tank though like I stated.
    Male Cinnamon
    Male Spider
    Male Mojave
    Female Bumblebee
    Female Pastel
    Female Lesser

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Durhambreeder View Post
    I dont dislike the phone because of the camera, I have a Nikon J1 (not the greatest but its pretty damn nice), the problem is the phone itself is a piece of crap
    If I didn't switch carriers, I would still be rocking my s3. I'm curious what makes you qualify it as a piece of crap compared to other nearly 2 year old phones.

As for the snake, 400 bucks is pretty damn good for any BEL female and it doesn't look like a super mojave, so I would assume it to be a lesser/mojave. Looks like when she gets up to size you can finally see. Nice pick up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    If I didn't switch carriers, I would still be rocking my s3. I'm curious what makes you qualify it as a piece of crap compared to other nearly 2 year old phones.

As for the snake, 400 bucks is pretty damn good for any BEL female and it doesn't look like a super mojave, so I would assume it to be a lesser/mojave. Looks like when she gets up to size you can finally see. Nice pick up.
    I did a factory reset thinking sometging was sucking up my battery.

Since day 1, I Can't get through 16hrs without the battery dieing.

Btw, breeder confirmed lesser x lesser

Wish I had the money cause he also has a nice male pied for 300. He has now moved to another part of Canada and os moving on to reticulated pythons.

My only other dream snakes for now are a banana ball python, fully scaleless bp and a green tree python. Unfortunately my region in canada has banned GTPs
    Male Cinnamon
    Male Spider
    Male Mojave
    Female Bumblebee
    Female Pastel
    Female Lesser

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Durhambreeder View Post
    I did a factory reset thinking sometging was sucking up my battery.

Since day 1, I Can't get through 16hrs without the battery dieing.

Btw, breeder confirmed lesser x lesser

Wish I had the money cause he also has a nice male pied for 300. He has now moved to another part of Canada and os moving on to reticulated pythons.

My only other dream snakes for now are a banana ball python, fully scaleless bp and a green tree python. Unfortunately my region in canada has banned GTPs
    Only battery software I ran was snapdragon batteryguru and I was getting 2 days out of mine before I got rid of it.

Super lesser female for 400, no doubt a steal. Hope she treats you well. Kinda odd for gtp to be banned, what the reasoning behind that? Small and relatively rare to in collections, I wouldn't even think law makers know they exist.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123