Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,279

1 members and 3,278 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Dogs that hurt (with playfulness)

My brother was playing catch with my pitbull a couple months ago and on one of the throws my brother threw the ball and i was standing around the corner not paying too much attention and went i went into the "path" my pitbull headbutted me in the knee at full speed and dropped me like i had been shot. I didnt walk right for about 2 weeks after. Lesson learned. What are some injuries your dogs have inflicted on you?

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts
    The list of injuries I've gotten from my husky is too long to list lol. It is incredible how strong he is. At only 50 lbs he can pull like a horse. He doesn't mean to hurt anyone, he is the biggest baby, but he just doesn't realize how strong he is.

The worst injury I got from him was over last christmas. Now living in Florida my husky hadn't ever seen snow before. Over christmas I went up to Ohio to see some family and took my husky with me. I open the car door when we get to my grandparents house and he comes flying out more excited than I've ever seen him, and I'm standing on a very icy driveway. half a second later I've been swept off my feet and am being dragged through my grandparents 15 acre yard. I was very cold and sore for awhile after that. I just wish someone would have got it on camera.
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

Thanks

Re: Dogs that hurt (with playfulness)

I have a Lab/Newfie cross that has inflicted too many minor injuries to count. The most recent of which is a sprained toe that at first I believed to be broken.
    I had hoped with this cross to get a dog with the Lab desire to please humans and the Newfie laid back attitude instead, I ended up with the Newfie stubbornness and the Lab playfulness.
    Thankfully he has the Newfie gentle giant thing going on and all injuries have been due to my rough-housing with the mutt (he knows he is allowed to rough house with me but not others).

Thanks
    I used to have a Rotti, he was a gentle giant in all possible meanings. Maybe he pulled me off my feet once or twice when I would play tug of war with him as a kid, but he never ever gave any of us sustainable injuries. Best dog we ever had.

Now, my Shih Tzu can be a little wildfire. She growls if she's relaxing and you sit too close. She barks if the couch is full and she can't find room to sit that isn't touching someone else. And her jaws are made of steel, I'm still healing from a nip I got from her last week while playing tug with her favorite toy. She broke the skin just a bit, and the bruising was much more than you'd expect from a 35 pound dog.
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks
    Most of my dog injuries were from being in the path of "zoomies" lol. I can't count how many times my shin has been slammed into head on!
    THE place for Blood/Short-Tail Enthusiasts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DNACurtusK For This Useful Post:

Jackie (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 1,063 Posts

We had a dalmatian while in my teenage years. I would wrestle around with her and acquired a couple small scars from her on separate occasions.

1. There are 3 lines above my lip from a claw scratch which is only noticeable when I being growing a short mustache.

2. As play biting goes, she went after my ear one time and bit out 2 teeth marks worth of flesh. The edge of my ear is now slightly jagged after it has healed.
    -Yar

1.0.0 Albino Black Rat snake(Wafer)
    0.0.1 California King snake(Oreo)
    0.0.1 African Housesnake(Cupcake)
    0.0.1 Honduran Milk snake(Blackjack)
    0.0.2 Normal BP(Petey; Twix)
    0.0.1 Yellow Rat Snake(Dijon)
    0.0.1 Madagascar Speckled Hognose(Granola)[RIP]
    1.0.0 Albino Nelson's Milk snake(Candy Cane)
    1.0.0 Lesser BP(Creme Brulee)
    1.0.0 Mojo BP(Brownie)
    0.1.0 Black Motley Corn snake(Anisette)
    0.0.1 Pueblan Milk snake[Fostering, Taco Grande]
    0.1.0 West African Mud Turtle(Bulger)
    0.2.0 Red Eared Slider(Squirtle, Turtwig)
    1.0.0 Rat Terrorier(Ranger)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    As a kid, our chow mix jumped up and hit my chin with his head and broke my front bottom tooth in half.

And like Krys, lots of zoomie injuries where they slam into your knees and try to bend them backward.

Also, nothing hurts worse than your knuckle or your fingernail colliding with a tooth. They don't even bite down, and they still feel bad as you're cradling your injury and telling them "Owie! That hurt!!"

Angela

Thanks
    Ive also been headbutted by my dog. Dog didnt even seem to feel it. I definately felt it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

My dobermans like to head butt and use me as a back board.

They also use me as their own personal cushioned breaking system when running at full speeds. They just plow right into me.

They also tend to jab my feet with their iron nails while playing. Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

My Anatolian likes to headbutt your arm to try and get pets. Annoying but hard to get mad at this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackie For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (02-02-2014),swolek (02-03-2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast