Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,300

1 members and 3,299 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Wink New to this looking for some expert advice on breeding my Axanthics

Females Ready to Breed
    - Pinstripe 100% Axanthic
    - Axanthic 100% Snowball
    - Normal 100% Axanthic

Males Ready To Breed
    - Albino 100% Axanthic
    - Axanthic Black Pastel
    - Axanthix 100% Snowball

so my questions is which would you guys pair up and what could be produced? Thanks in advance! loooking forward to this...

Thanks
    albino het axanthic to axanthic het albino is a very good pairing, you get 25% snow, 25% albino het axanthic, 25% axanthic het albino, 25% double hets. this avoids producing 66% possible hets or 50% possible hets.

and then i would breed the axanthic black pastel male to the other two females.

with the females you have, in this situation, the axanthic het albino male is not that useful, it would produce some BPs that are 66% het albino, or 50% het albino.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    My choice would be:

Females Ready to Breed X Males Ready To Breed
    Pinstripe 100% Axanthic X Axanthic Black Pastel = to try for a Black Pin and luck out on proving out with an Axanthic Black Pin

Axanthic 100% Snowball X Albino 100% Axanthic = to shoot for the Axanthic Albino (Snow)

Normal 100% Axanthic X Axanthic 100% Snowball = Just to prove out the female and 100% and get a couple Axanthic females if lucky.

With hets I would not play "whos your daddy", I would rather try to prove for sure unless you have already bred before.

Thanks

Re: New to this looking for some expert advice on breeding my Axanthics

Thank you both for the input Greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

I would go:
    Axanthic Black Pastel x Pinstripe het Axanthic
    Albino het Axanthic x Axanthic het Albino
    Axanthic Black Pastel x het Axanthic

I appreciate the double recessive, but I honestly don't find snows that exciting. I do wish someone would find a combo to make them exciting however, they are severally under priced imo. In your shoes, you still have the parts to make them, so I figured I would do the same. However I think a super black pastel axanthic might be a really interesting snake, so I would personally work toward that.

Thanks

I kind of feel the same about the snowballs, I was also thinking of picking up a bumblebee 100% axanthic and thinking of breeding that to the axanthic 100% snowball, any thoughts as to how that clutch may come out? I'm very indecisive

Female axanthic 100% snowball X Male bumblebee 100% axanthic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anjoid View Post
    I kind of feel the same about the snowballs, I was also thinking of picking up a bumblebee 100% axanthic and thinking of breeding that to the axanthic 100% snowball, any thoughts as to how that clutch may come out? I'm very indecisive

Female axanthic 100% snowball X Male bumblebee 100% axanthic
    half of the clutch would be axanthics, half of the clutch would be 100% het axanthic. on top of that there would be the spider gene and the pastel gene going around.

so, it would be 12.5% axanthic bumble bee, 12.5% axanthic spider, 12,5% axanthic pastel, 12,5% axanthic, and then the same again with 100% het axanthic: 12.5% bumble bee, 12.5% spider, 12,5% pastel, 12,5% normal.

but the het albino (het snow) would not be utilized, and your albino het axanthic would also be out of work.

i would not do it, because then you have 4 males, and only 3 females, and two of the males would be out of work. every male can be bred to several females, so with 4 really good males, assuming you breed them all, you should be looking at around 10-12 females, maybe even more. even with just 2 good breeder males in use, it should be something like 5 females. right now you have 3. so another male is not a good idea. one more mouth to feed, but the maximum amount of clutches per year will stay at 3.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks
    I see the albino to the het albino would help prove out the het albino and axanthic part at the same time. I only would ask you if they are all the same line of axanthic . I know there is/was 3 line of axanthic and they were not compatible.
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

Thanks

They are all the TSK line, I was not aware they are not compatable.

I see what your saying about the males being out of work, its just very tempting I'd really like to get some nice morphs with the spider and bumble bee genes going around.