Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,364

4 members and 3,360 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

New and proud parent:) just some concerns about the bae..

Ok so i got my BP from petco about a week and 3 days ago and have handled him/her (I'm not exactly sure yet) somewhat frequently. He's super sweet and not aggressive at all and doesn't seem to be stressed because he's already eaten his first hopper no problem. Whenever i hold him, he won't stop moving and is always trying to explore which isn't a bad thing but sometimes i just want to be able to put him around my neck and have him relax there. Haha i also have a 75wt day and night bulb with a log that goes all the way up for him to bask on but he chooses to stay inside the hide with the UTH on it and i never see him leave the hide. i also have a water bowl that i keep fresh water in at all times and I haven't seen him in it or drink from it once since I've had him. Is this normal or should i try something else? Thanks, Alex!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Re: New and proud parent:) just some concerns about the bae..

Quote Originally Posted by AGibson22 View Post
    Ok so i got my BP from petco about a week and 3 days ago and have handled him/her (I'm not exactly sure yet) somewhat frequently. He's super sweet and not aggressive at all and doesn't seem to be stressed because he's already eaten his first hopper no problem. Whenever i hold him, he won't stop moving and is always trying to explore which isn't a bad thing but sometimes i just want to be able to put him around my neck and have him relax there. He'll chill out more as he gets bigger/older Haha i also have a 75wt day and night bulb with a log that goes all the way up for him to bask on but he chooses to stay inside the hide with the UTH on it and i never see him leave the hide. I'll bet he leaves it at night i also have a water bowl that i keep fresh water in at all times and I haven't seen him in it they usually don't sit in their water bowls...that can actually be a sign of too low humidity or mites or drink from it once since I've had him. He's drinking...you're just not seeing him do it Is this normal or should i try something else? He sounds perfectly happy to me Thanks, Alex!
    My feedback in bold...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks

Same as above but do you have a thermostat for you UTH ?? I didn't! and i took the temp once at 110 under the hide a few days after purchasing the UTH. i freaked out and went to the reptile shop and "kindly talked" to the lady at the pet shop who sold it to me a few days prior, I was so angry for not informing me i would need a thermostat , so under educated or if she knew that it gets so hot a terrible sales person never will i buy from her again. Her excuse was I own one and my snake has never had a problem i don't use a thermostat and i then informed her it was 110 degrees that causes belly burns. I felt like i was teaching her shouldn't employees teach customer not other way around . Hopefully someone else in the shop is more educated .. So look into one if you don't have it you don't want your little guy to get belly burns …

This is what i bought its for all purposes not just reptiles but it works just fine for my ball python ,i just laid the prob sensor under the substrate on the glass above where the UTH is under the glass

http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-MTPR...ostat+reptiles
    Ball Pythons: 0.1 Piebald, 1.0 Barnhart Line Pewter, 1.0 Pastel, 1.0 Pastel ???,
    0.1 Butter Pastel Het Orange Ghost, 1.0 Pastel Het Orange Ghost, 0.1 Normal

Reticulated Python: 1.0 Tiger het albino

Kingsnake: 0.1 Albino Vertical Stripe

Boas: 0.1 Motley Nicaraguan Boa, 1.0 Colombian Boa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AGibson22 View Post
    Ok so i got my BP from petco about a week and 3 days ago and have handled him/her (I'm not exactly sure yet) somewhat frequently. He's super sweet and not aggressive at all and doesn't seem to be stressed because he's already eaten his first hopper no problem. Whenever i hold him, he won't stop moving and is always trying to explore which isn't a bad thing but sometimes i just want to be able to put him around my neck and have him relax there. Haha i also have a 75wt day and night bulb with a log that goes all the way up for him to bask on but he chooses to stay inside the hide with the UTH on it and i never see him leave the hide. i also have a water bowl that i keep fresh water in at all times and I haven't seen him in it or drink from it once since I've had him. Is this normal or should i try something else? Thanks, Alex!
    Same as above but do you have a thermostat for you UTH ?? I didn't! and i took the temp once at 110 under the hide a few days after purchasing the UTH. i freaked out and went to the reptile shop and "kindly talked" to the lady at the pet shop who sold it to me a few days prior, I was so angry for not informing me i would need a thermostat , so under educated or if she knew that it gets so hot a terrible sales person never will i buy from her again. Her excuse was I own one and my snake has never had a problem i don't use a thermostat and i then informed her it was 110 degrees that causes belly burns. I felt like i was teaching her shouldn't employees teach customer not other way around . Hopefully someone else in the shop is more educated .. So look into one if you don't have it you don't want your little guy to get belly burns …

This is what i bought its for all purposes not just reptiles but it works just fine for my ball python ,i just laid the prob sensor under the substrate on the glass above where the UTH is under the glass

http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-MTPR...ostat+reptiles

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for posting the same thing twice just wanted to quote it so hopefully you saw this ASAP
    Ball Pythons: 0.1 Piebald, 1.0 Barnhart Line Pewter, 1.0 Pastel, 1.0 Pastel ???,
    0.1 Butter Pastel Het Orange Ghost, 1.0 Pastel Het Orange Ghost, 0.1 Normal

Reticulated Python: 1.0 Tiger het albino

Kingsnake: 0.1 Albino Vertical Stripe

Boas: 0.1 Motley Nicaraguan Boa, 1.0 Colombian Boa