Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,261

0 members and 3,261 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TODAY

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Actually, the picture is an Anery A (Black Albino) - notice the pic is right below the bullet point with the name. The bullet point for the Anery B (Charcoal) does not have a pic under it. I'm starting to think it's a matter of the baby will grow into the colors and maybe pick up some more grey, etc - maybe it will stay a vibrant black and white.
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    ohh ok i see it now, i found a good pic on kingsnake on page 89 at the bottom "anery" is the name of the pic, its the snake against like an apple cloth backround.
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I found the pic - nice snake. I posted on a couple forums to ask if it's possible he will change colors (pick up the grey and/or yellow) or if he may keep is current black and white colors when he gets older. I'm intersted to know myself. I did find this description that now leads me to believe that all Anery A's don't necessarily get the yellow and/or grey color:

Anerythristic corn snakes lack the red pigment of the common variety, leaving a mostly black, gray, and white snake. These are the 'A' type anerythristics, which have some yellow pigmentation.

Looking at all these corn pics is making me start thinking about getting another one. If I did it would either be an Okeetee or a Bloodred. I love the Ghost and Anery A's, but I try to have a variety of colored snakes in my collection and I don't have any red colored snakes.
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well, I already got an answer from 1 breeder. He says he will pick up the yellow as he gets older - but some get more than others. Still gorgeous snakes to me.

And guess what I've been doing the last 1/2 an hour? Staring at Okeetee corn pics! See what you've done? I thought I had my addiction under control! I need help.
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    haha i LOVE the okeetee corns and if i could find one of those i would snatch it up but none of the babies are like that. oh well i wish candy conrs had black eyes, then that would be KINDA close to them,or at least the closest i could get

about the yellow pigment his mom doesnt have it so do you think it will just show up even though nobody related to him has it ? the breeder has alot of family members,even grandchildren of the snakes so ill ask her if anybody else has it, not that it would really matter.

yeah i would like to have a red coloured snake too becuase they are so beatiful, if it was a girl i think i would name it ruby and if it were a boy i would name it tabasco, maybe if i get the candy corn thats what i will name it.
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I love those names! Might be a good chance he/she won't get any or much yellow if mom doesn't have any. You might ask her about other snakes related to them.
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    yeah i will. im goin to call her tomorrow to see if the two she set aside for me ate ( tomorrow is feeding day for the babies) the candies are obviously bigger than the rest which makes me think they are better feeders which is what i want, i definitly dont need a snake that doesnt eat .

i would just get two of them which would make my decision a heck of alot easier , i mean, i have the room and an two extra tanks but my dad wont let me, he said two snakes is my limit for now.
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Awww, come on dad. I was going to say it would make your decision easier if you just get them both!
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    haha it definitly would but they are 40 dolars each and i only have 50 (the money i made this morning) and my parents made some but they said no way.I know im going to be up all night tonight at war with my own mind !!

she has another clutch that should be hatching anyday now and maybe i should wait to see what babies pop outta those eggs but then that would be another few weeks before i get to bring the baby home and i dont really feel like waiting that long, i can barely stand it right now ! haha i didnt know choosing a snake would be so hard. Its differnt with the ball's becuase they all look pretty much the same exept for patterns but there is SO MANY colors of corns !
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher

Thanks
    even though i ama few weeks away from getting the litte guy or gal i find myself preparing, i already have the ten gal all set up, this time i am going the cheap route and i will be using printer paper for substate (either the white or blue) and prolly litte yogurt jars for hides or i might just get some of those litte caves from petco and this time i wont have a 12 dollar decoration in the tank . Every time i clean out roxys cage i spend 10 dollars on eco earth . I wont be changing anything in her cage . but the new baby will cost me alot less money like they say...the first child is the more spoiled one
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast