Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,192

1 members and 3,191 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,576
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

Thread: bug eyed?

Registered User Hardtoplayninja's Avatar
    Thanks

bug eyed?

Well to start... I posted not long ago about my butter peeing on me every time I picked him up. We'll that hasn't changed, no matter how much I hold him. But I noticed when I got him that instead of having slits in his pupil they were round... kinda made him look funny. Well that hasn't changed... wondering if this is normal.

Thanks
    Yup it's normal. They dilate thier eyes in response to stimuli and they get particularly big during handling or when prey is around. It's just a response to stimuli.

Thanks

Re: bug eyed?

We picked up a baby male butter in November and he peed every time as well. Took a couple weeks of handling for short periods to settle down. But, as luck would have it, he peed on me again tonight. He wasn't stressed, in fact he was pretty chill just looking around. He was out for about 15 minutes then all of a sudden I felt it on my shirt. Must be a butter thing! LOL
    I hope he settles down for you.
    0.1 Desert Yellowbelly BP | 0.1 Yellowbelly BP
    0.1 Pastel BP | 1.0 Super Pastel BP
    0.1 Champagne Het Hypo BP | 0.1 Spider BP
    0.1 Lesser BP | 0.1 Pinstripe BP
    1.0 Caramel Albino BP
    1.0 Butter BP | 1.0 Pied BP
    1.0 Cinna Bee BP | 1.0 Albino BP,
    2.1 normal BP's
    2.1 Western Hognose Het albino | 1.0 Western Hognose Albino Het Axanthic
    1.0 Anaconda phase Western Hognose
    1.0 BCI Boa |0.1 Hypo Het Snow Boa
    0.1 Hypo Boa | ​0.1 Hogg Island Boa
    0.1 Striped Borneo Short Tailed Python
    0.0.1 Jayapura GTP

Thanks
    wow....

when they pee on you each time you pick them up, thats really nasty, and if i would breed, i would totally select against it. while sometimes something like this is not genetic, there always is a chance that genetics influence it (voluntary bladder control and behavior are both insanely complex things).

about the eyes, pictures would help. its like with cats, cat eyes will make a slit when there is a lot of light and they almost close them, but when the eyes are far open then cats eyes get round. with oval shapes inbetween. it really depends on how much light there is. with two BPs, its simple, in the same lighting and stress condition the eyes should do similar things. like, when lighting is dim, you take out two BPs and check all 4 eyes with a flashlight, and then it becomes clear when one of them is erratic. or when you know how ts supposed to work in a BP that is healthy, from experience. generally speaking, the pupils should be very large and round when its very dark, and little slits when its very bright.

so, eyes: i dont know. but the peeing is bad.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks
    My butter peed one time when I picked him up I when I 1st got him ...he's been good ever since hes actually one I keep out to chill with ...
    1.1 het pied ,1.1 pastel,1. butter, .1 spider , .1 fire ph ghost , .1 pastave

Thanks

Re: bug eyed?

my normal doesn't pee on me but targets my daughter every time...he not only pees but if he's eaten and not pooped yet well he let's a load go too...just happened today...we both saw it coming tho lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk