Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,390

3 members and 3,387 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Questions about Web Design

That's the thing. I'm not sure she's still willing to help out.

Thanks

Re: Questions about Web Design

To be honest, I wouldn't rely on friends. If one of your friends builds you a site, that means they'll have to go through them to update it if anything ever needs to change. The same goes for someone else building the site for you.

Do your homework and contact a couple of self building sites like wix (just an example) to see if they offer what you're looking for and just put it together yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks

Questions about Web Design

I appreciate your opinion, but she's made a site for me before. They way she sets it up to update is very easy and I understand how to update it (and require no help from her or anyone else for that matter). I'm so incredibly picky about what I want my site to look like that no free site nor my own skill can get it to look and function how I want it to.
    Last edited by BHReptiles; 01-16-2014 at 09:51 PM.

BPnet Senior Member CD CONSTRICTORS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 658 Posts
    I have no previous experience building websites, or coding. I chose Go Daddy and use Word Press. It has worked great for me with very little effort and there are plenty of templates and plug ins to choose from to make your site look the way you want it. I use the zeeNoble theme and I like the sliding header option on the front page. There are hundreds of themes to choose from and with a little coding you can do what you desire.

My next task is to do exactly what you want..... a filter for morphs and sex. It is a nice feature, but with the amount of clutches I will have I do not think it is necessary at this point.

Thanks
    I recommend JustHost.com with their 3-year $120 plan, it equates to about $3.30 a month. You can definitely create an easy to use website using wordpress (it's what I use) that enables you to do all sorts of things. If you want to see an example of a wordpress site, just visit my homepage in my profile.

Web domains cost around $10 a year, usually much less, so they aren't exactly expensive at all. If you need any help, I can assist you in setting things up.

You also do not need any dedicated server as that's overkill for a simple website.
    Last edited by ViperSRT3g; 01-18-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkspftw View Post
    My ball pythons, so far as I can tell so far, are idiots. Lovable all the same, but not smart. In fact, my main moral dilemma as a BP keeper is the fact that we have to feed animals that are so smart (rats) to ones that are basically as dumb as logs.

I'm working on a Snake Tracker App! If you have any ideas or suggestions on features, feel free to post them in the Development Thread! I'll also be posting updates on the development of this program in this thread!

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I always recommend Go Daddy, less than $5 a month for unlimited bandwidth and 100gb of space (which is more then enough for your needs), ability to use wordpress which once you chose a template or create one would allow you to easily update and post blogs on your own without any help, and last but not least great customer service.

I have used various host over the years and what make the difference is the customer service.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Honestly for your domain, you can get cheaper than godaddy.com, but they have good support. Other companies have people who barely speak English try to help you and it's really really frustrating. So for your domain, definitely stick with them.

As far as hosting goes, I've always used scopehosts.com. They're cheap and they don't require you to stay a 6 month or year agreement. Also most web hosting companies offer you a cheap price, but what they don't tell you is that it's only an introduction price and once you have to renew your price goes up to the real price which can be a significant difference than what you thought. So that's another reason I've always stuck with scopehosts because the price you pay is the price you pay. They're not based in the US at least I don't think they are, or they weren't in the past as I don't currently have any sites. Their tech support is very good and you can catch them on with our hours once you learn the difference with the time thing.

http://www.scopehosts.com/shared-hosting.html
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

BPnet Veteran Coopers Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks
    I use FatCow. They have a drag and drop website builder that is super easy to use. You literally drag and drop whatever, wherever and publish! Done!
    Best Regards,

Jeremy Cooper
    Cooper's Constrictors

Website / Facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12