Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,217

0 members and 3,217 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member CloudtheBoa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 620 Posts

Re: Cloud, Colombian BCI

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    Nice photos, especially the ones outside. I haven't taken my boa outside for pics yet... I want to, but not sure how he'll react. I'm glad that he's growing for you and that you found a source for rabbits. It is likely that I won't ever try feeding rabbits (there aren't many breeders in this area), but it would be great to only feed once every 4 weeks.
    He should do fine. He may be a little shy or hesitant at first, but after visiting the outdoors a few times he should get used to it.

I'm also glad about finding a source. If I hadn't found one here, I would have found an online source. Layne Labs has rabbits in stock, but so far I all I've seen is "out of stock" for their X-small rabbits, so I probably would have ended up sticking with rats in that case. I'm thinking of switching up his diet once he goes through this batch, if he will go for it. Mix some rats in there and maybe some quail, but I have a lot of rabbits and I don't want to waste them so I want to go through them first.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    The second to last picture is really nice.

I like it.

He looks good too.
    Thanks! I really wish I could get a tape measure on him, he definitely seems like he's still growing. He's not getting thicker, he's getting slimmer, but he's steadily taking up more and more room in his weighing tub, and it's difficult to get a perfectly even overhead photo of a 6ft+ boa for SerpWidgets. lol
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    1.4 Boa imperator; unnamed '22 hbs
    3.3 Plains garter snakes
    1.2 checkered garter snakes (unnamed)

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")
    1.0 garter snake ('13 albino checkered "Draco")
    1.0 eastern garter ('13 "Demigod)
    0.0.1 ball python ('06 "Bud")

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CloudtheBoa View Post
    He should do fine. He may be a little shy or hesitant at first, but after visiting the outdoors a few times he should get used to it.

I'm also glad about finding a source. If I hadn't found one here, I would have found an online source. Layne Labs has rabbits in stock, but so far I all I've seen is "out of stock" for their X-small rabbits, so I probably would have ended up sticking with rats in that case. I'm thinking of switching up his diet once he goes through this batch, if he will go for it. Mix some rats in there and maybe some quail, but I have a lot of rabbits and I don't want to waste them so I want to go through them first.

Thanks! I really wish I could get a tape measure on him, he definitely seems like he's still growing. He's not getting thicker, he's getting slimmer, but he's steadily taking up more and more room in his weighing tub, and it's difficult to get a perfectly even overhead photo of a 6ft+ boa for SerpWidgets. lol
    Yep, I noticed he's leaned out.

Nice work. Bet he'll climb a lot if you have the right type of caging.

Try and get him up against a wall and measure him. May or may not work, but I usually have good luck when mine hugs a wall and straightens out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Yep, I noticed he's leaned out.

Nice work. Bet he'll climb a lot if you have the right type of caging.

Try and get him up against a wall and measure him. May or may not work, but I usually have good luck when mine hugs a wall and straightens out.
    I have him in a wooden enclosure, so very easy to install something. My only problem is finding a branch big enough for him to climb on, and I don't have the first clue on how to install a shelf. My father is a carpenter, and I no longer live with him so I can't have him do that for me anymore.

That's usually how I measure him, he's very cooperative when it comes to measuring (unlike the other 3.....). But unfortunately there is no wall space to measure even my baby BRB let alone Cloud. We have walls long enough, but way too much stuff in too tiny an apartment. Which is why we're desperately finding a way to move out of here, and with everyone's new jobs that will hopefully be by New Year's, if not sooner.
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")

Thanks
    Cloud has begun a shed cycle, so that means I have at least two snakes in shed right now. No photos right now, so have some throwbacks.

Taken at the end of April 2013, I believe he was in shed at this time. About 4-4.5ft.

Taken at the end of June 2013, a day after being moved to his new enclosure. At the time, I was using an infrared light, which is why he's in his water dish. He's not in shed, and didn't have any mites, he was apparently stressed from the light. He spent 5 days straight without leaving and went back to his normal behavior the very night I stopped using the red lights.

Also, a good indication of growth. This was taken end of June 2013.

This is the same exact bucket as the one above, just a bit dirtier due to previously storing left-over expanded EcoEarth. Taken August of this year.
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (02-03-2015),Reinz (02-03-2015)

Thanks
    This is an old feeding day photo, taken beginning of October, which was his last feeding. I've decided to start extending his feedings from every 4 weeks to every 5 weeks, and after a bit of thinking I'm also debating on giving him the rest of the winter off food after all. If so, he'll have one more meal after he sheds, I'll give him time to digest, and then drop his temps before holding food until spring. What do you guys think?

Here he is eating a 4oz rabbit, about half his girth. For once he didn't drag it into his hide, so I was able to snap a picture. Feeding pics are rare for me, because my snakes mostly eat in solitude.
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My father left to go hunting with my grandfather in SC, so I was asked to house sit for the cats and rabbits while I was gone and I took advantage of this to use his wall space to get an accurate measurement of Cloud. He's right around 6'3", so I was right when I thought he'd grown a bit. Not a lot of growth at all (3 inches in about a yearlong period), but I'll probably see this kind of growth for a few more years before I see little to no growth. My ball python hasn't grown even 1/2 inch in over 5 years (he's still 3'7" even), so I think once he reaches adult length I won't see any more growth.

Unfortunately, my camera has broken, so no new photos. :/ I'm hoping to get a new one with the help of some Christmas money, though.
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks
    I thought I had posted recent photos here, guess I was wrong. lol Well here are some crappy cell phone pics.

An overhead photo from the past few weeks.

And one from last year to show the difference.

I began fasting him this year, and today is Day 64, so he should get his next meal mid- to late-February. He started out weighing about 8 lb 11.6 oz, and now weighs 8 lb 8.8 oz. I don't think he was completely empty for that first weight, though. The day I lowered temps, after I was sure he'd voided his rabbit, he seemed to go into breeding mode or something and was actively crawling around and had tipped over two of his hides, which he's never done before. He's never even tipped his water bowl before. lol That was just that day, he hasn't done that since.
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (01-16-2015),Gio (02-02-2015),Orion (01-16-2015),Reinz (02-03-2015)

Thanks
    Beautiful boa.
    Ball Pythons:

1.0 Cinnamon(2012) Link

Boas:

1.0 Anery(2011) Diablo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Orion For This Useful Post:

CloudtheBoa (01-19-2015)

Thanks

Here are some more photos. With a bit of a struggle, I was able to take advantage of the sunlight coming through the window to take some close ups of Cloud.

He makes my arm look so tiny....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Registered User PeterPieBaldPython's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the picture of him in the yellow flowers - he's adorable!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast