Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,261

0 members and 3,261 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: Pure Hog Island Breeders

Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
    WOOHOOO!! Look at you go! Those are very nice! Congrats on your choices! Best piece of advice I can offer at this point is, BE PATIENT while searching for the right male! I've looked at dozens of BCLs over the last year and didn't buy until I found these. BCLs are not all created equal and finding one with the right genetics and quality takes time. These girls are fantastic and you'll want to do right by them in finding a male of equal quality!

I think you'll be really happy you went with the BCLs. Hogs are nice for sure, but there is something just really cool about a quality BCL.

I can't wait to get mine too! April is a long way off....
    Thanks Kali. You were right about Mike he seems to be a great guy to deal with. Great advice on being patient. It was hard not to get a male and female from him, but I would like to get an unrelated male to breed to these 2 beauties. I picked these two females because Mike said that in his experience with past litters that #3 was coloring up to have the best chance of looking like the sire, and #10 I picked because she looked totally different ( cleaner pattern and darker color ) than the other. I am very interested to see if this plays a factor in their adult colors.
    Ball Pythons :
    0.1 Albino, 0.2 Mojave, 0.1 Black Pastel, 0.1 Bumblebee, 0.1 Butter, 0.1 Pastel, 1.1 Mystic, 1.1 Mystic Potion, 1.1 Firefly, 0.1 Lemonblast

Tarantulas:
    Avicularia, B. smithi, B. emiia, 4 G. pulchra, 3 E. campestratus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jtipton View Post
    Thanks Kali. You were right about Mike he seems to be a great guy to deal with. Great advice on being patient. It was hard not to get a male and female from him, but I would like to get an unrelated male to breed to these 2 beauties. I picked these two females because Mike said that in his experience with past litters that #3 was coloring up to have the best chance of looking like the sire, and #10 I picked because she looked totally different ( cleaner pattern and darker color ) than the other. I am very interested to see if this plays a factor in their adult colors.
    Wise decision!!

I sure understand how hard it is to be patient though.....

Btw, I picked the 2 I did because of their pattern. Mike agreed that they should both be very dark as adults, but I wanted the aberrant pattern too.
    Last edited by Evenstar; 01-22-2014 at 09:44 PM.
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
    Wise decision!!

I sure understand how hard it is to be patient though.....

Btw, I picked the 2 I did because of their pattern. Mike agreed that they should both be very dark as adults, but I wanted the aberrant pattern too.
    I'm sure that both of yours are going to be smoking as adults, especially the male. If he had another one with his colors I think that I would've had to scoop it up.
    Ball Pythons :
    0.1 Albino, 0.2 Mojave, 0.1 Black Pastel, 0.1 Bumblebee, 0.1 Butter, 0.1 Pastel, 1.1 Mystic, 1.1 Mystic Potion, 1.1 Firefly, 0.1 Lemonblast

Tarantulas:
    Avicularia, B. smithi, B. emiia, 4 G. pulchra, 3 E. campestratus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jtipton View Post
    I'm sure that both of yours are going to be smoking as adults, especially the male. If he had another one with his colors I think that I would've had to scoop it up.
    He reminds me a lot of his sire.

Yours are smoking hot too - all of these babies are super nice. It was a terrific litter. I hope Mike repeats it in the future.
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Evenstar For This Useful Post:

jtipton (01-24-2014)

Thanks

How do I contact him?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234