Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,207

1 members and 3,206 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks
    :wink: Another quick question about my blood and her enclosure's humidity?
    I read the "Do it yourself" list and one of the articles consisted of making yoiur own humidifier. Well I decided to try it out and followed step by step but my humidity levels have actually decreased! I also took the person's advice on the bottom of his/her instruction list which mentioned for increased humidity adda sponge to help filter the amount if moister, and I still got no results! I also filled the bottle real high but again got nothing??? What would you all suggest I do? Forget the Home mad humidifier or....?
    All opinions will be a huge help so please dont hold back....! :lol:
    Thats it for now group hope to hear from you all real soon!!!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

It would be Apok to show me the light....

We made one when we had one of our BPs in an aquarium and it worked awesome, so well in fact I had to remove more of the duct tape on the screen top to allow more air in. I don't understand why it didn't work for you....

a couple of questions: what type of enclosure are you using? if its an aquarium, what type of top are you using? what are the temps and what are you using for heat?
    ~Caren~
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." Confucius
    1.0 Other Half - Mark, 0.1 Child - Samantha
    1.0.2 BP:Smitty,Sophie,Unamed One, 1.1 Cali King:Serpico,Simone
    1.2 Canines, 0.2 Felines
    1.1 RES Turtles - Thomas & Thomasina

Thanks
    Worked killer for me when I was using a tank - but as in Sophie's case the top was covered (con-tac paper) to hold the humidity in. Is it percolating ok? How big of a container, what sized pump, and how far below the surface of the water is the tube that is pumping the air in?

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    When i used a tank .. it worked good for me. I wrapped another human heating pad on low around the bottle. Heated water evaporates quicker.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks

did you guys see this?

My enclosure is a plastic tub (rubbermaid) and has 2 hide boxes, 1 humididty box and a large water bowl. 1 of the hide box is on the hott spot and the other is on the cool spot. i was recommended to put 2 hide spots so she wouldnt have to choose between hott and security. Anyways my enclosure is sitting at about 70 - 80% humidity only when I spray the enclosure! If I dont spray the humidity level drops to about 60% so thats why I'm thinking my humidifier isn't working??? What Ya Think Might Be The Problem....? :wink:

Thanks
    ya know, the humidifier didnt work too well for me either. That may be because I was using a small bottle rather than a two litter. Anyway, I ended up just running a tube from my pump right into the enclosure and into the water dish. I put one of those little blue bubbler things on the end. It has upped my humidity quite a bit. Might want to give it a shot. I am still trying to determine if the bubbling is deturing my ATB from drinking. I am putting in a second water source just to be safe...
    1.0 Green tree python

Thanks

Breeders In Fl.

Which end are you taking the measurements on and what are the temps on either end? Is the lid solid or does it have an area cut out for a lamp? Is the water bowl over the heat source? Just curious as it's odd to have that kind of struggle in tupperware. I used to have to run the DIY humidifier when I had Kali in glass (big 'ole Gatorade bottle) to keep the humidity up and ensure the air was getting exchanged enough to not stagnate (not a good thing). Neither has been a problem since upgrading her from glass. Any way you could maybe post a shot of the setup?

Thanks
    This is how my enclosure is set up-
    One side is with one hott spot (heat pad) that is covered with a hide box, I was recommended that I put a hide box on the basking are so my snake wont have too choose between security and being warm.
    Right next to the hott spot I placed the "humidity box" and that is a medium sized plastic tub (rubbermaid) full of spahgnum moss.
    Now on the other side is my cool spot where I put another hide box for cooling and security.
    And next to that is the water bowl.
    I have about 12 holes on the lid of my enclosure and in two of those holes is where I put the ends of the tubbing from my DIY humidifier, right smack in the middle of the enclosure.
    What Ya Think.....?

Thanks
    Try moving the waterbowl as close as you can to the heat source on the warm side - also if you have any holes in the lid over the warm side cover em - you might also try feeding the humidifier's tubes to the warm side as well. Do you have holes on the side of the enclosure as well?