Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,293

0 members and 3,293 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Goofy Feeding Day...

Well, both of my girls took their meals today, which is great! I'm certainly not complaining. But Izzy, after a little coaxing, clamped down in hers and promptly dragged it into her water bowl to eat, and Nessie forgot hers was there, and then started eating it butt-first (and is still working on that, as this rat's hindquarters are fairly wide for a small rat...)

These guys, I swear...

Who else has goofy eaters?
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks

Re: Goofy Feeding Day...

Mine! Today my boy took to eating his mouse hind first, then he let it go, sniffed it abit, then finally grabbed it by the head

Sent from my LGL75C using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

When my girls were younger they used to try to eat them backwards, and even a couple of time sideways before giving up and trying another angle. Thankfully now that they're all nearing a year or older, they seem to be getting the hang of it. Although every now and then they sit there a stare at it for a second before eating...thspecial thnakes...

Thanks
    MY bumblebee girl still hasnt completely figured out the head firdt thing. Maybe 1/3 of her feedings are hind first
    6.13 Ball pythons
    1.0 Hypo Jungle Boa
    0.1 Irian Jaya Jaguar Carpet

Instagram: MetropolisReptiles

Thanks

my pastel girl just decided to eat her medium rat neck first... yes neck first. folded the rats head down to it's chest and pretty much ate it sideways. It's the biggest I've ever seen her stretch her mouth but she managed after 15 mins of struggling! All while going into shed too..
    1.0 OD YB Spider
    1.0 Orange Dream Yellowbelly
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Pastel Calico
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Yellowbelly

Thanks
    Fed our normal boy yesterday. For a bit as he was trying to maneuver the mouse to swallow, he periscoped straight up and looked like he was dancing with the mouse. I literally laughed out loud at that one.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garnet For This Useful Post:

Archimedes (01-07-2014),Pyrate81 (01-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet View Post
    Fed our normal boy yesterday. For a bit as he was trying to maneuver the mouse to swallow, he periscoped straight up and looked like he was dancing with the mouse. I literally laughed out loud at that one.
    I was laughing so hard at Izzy, upside down in her water bowl, that I almost forgot to snag a photo.... luckily I didn't!
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Archimedes For This Useful Post:

Garnet (01-07-2014),Master Taran (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Love that picture!!! My spider is very... special... when it comes to eating. She ALWAYS eats the mouse butt-end first, sometimes trying to eat it sideways as well. Once, she even got her own abdomen in her mouth along with the mouse!!! How do you do that? lol

PS: Don't worry, she eventually spit out her abdomen and ate the rest of the mouse... my initial concern of having a snake that ended up as an infinity circle were not realized

11. The Following User Says Thank You to seaharbor For This Useful Post:

Archimedes (01-07-2014)