Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,414

3 members and 3,411 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

What's in a name

Ow do you go about naming your small reptile business? I was pretty set on going with RZReptile. I had previously did a quick internet search and didn't see anything with that name. However today I seen an RZ reptiles out of Canada. So obviously I don't want to step on toes or take someone else's name. So how do you determine that there is not another name the same you are thinking of? I want to come up with something rather than my name although that may be what I end up doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: What's in a name

Though I don't breed reptiles (I have a lot to learn before that lol), I named my small animal breeding business "Awaiting Abyss Pets." I knew it wasn't taken, because I have owned the name Awaiting Abyss since July 21, 2009. There has only ever been one imposter that I know of, and I put a stop to that person using my name fairly quickly.

Back when I was just breeding gerbils, I named it Gerbitails Clan. It was a word a friend of mine made up to use... and no one else in the American Gerbil Society had that name so I used it.
    1 Husband, 1 Western Hognose Snake (male), 2 ferrets (2 females), 1 male jungle leopard gecko, 4 gerbils (2 females & 2 males), 1 male dwarf rabbit, 3 guinea pigs (1 male, 1 female and 1 female skinny pig), 2 American parakeets, 2 cats (male bobcat hybrid and a male Egyptian Mau mix), and 2 dogs (female Mini Dachshund and a female Alaskan Malamute).

Thanks

Re: What's in a name

Ok, so since RZ Reptiles is taken, what do you guys think about Plummer's Pythons

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I'm still on the bare bones ground floor of trying to establish my name not to mention getting my website to look half decent. I've settled on the name 'Meltdown morphs', I honestly wanted a name that was actually somewhat versatile. Specifically the word 'Morphs' could apply to a lot of things, animal or not.
    Its not 'xXx'-pythons cause I didn't like the look of seemingly restricted to just one species.
    No 'xXx'-reptiles ,just cause it seemed too broad but at the same time too narrow, as in 'only reptiles'. I have plans to use 'Meltdown Morphs' outside the animal arena, for whenever my graphic design degree finishes up.
    I chose the name by just tossing around ideas, using more unique things along with just typing things in google and see if any relevant searches came up. I'd say if there's no website with that name already or anything similar, it should be up for grabs.
    0.1 GHI Mojave
    0.1 Super special h scaleless
    0.1 Desert ghost
    1.0 WC Dinker