Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,355

4 members and 3,351 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Just need some advice.

Hey,

So, recently I just go over my BP being hungry and getting aggressive/defensive during and before feeds (thanks to you guys, i solved that and she is just like her old self again, eating wonderfully once every 7 days a big ol rat. Life.

Anyways now I'm having another issue that id bring up. I don't believe it is scale rot as it has been this way for 2-3 weeks and no spreading or signs anyways else. I just believe they are damaged/dead scales from feeding a while ago as she hasn't had the best luck the last two feeds (during shed and then the last right yesterday was squirmy (I quickly darted in with my hand taking all the bites to my hand/finger to avoid her getting bite) which was always fun because when she finally got around to eating it she was covered in my blood... yeah fun.. ANYWAYS.

Just want some 2nd opinions as what it is, I plan on putting Polysporin on it to help it heal between her sheds (I've researched and come up with similar issues and people recommend doing so.) It didn't come off her recent shed but i think over 3-4 sheds it will. It doesnt bother her remotely as she is acting just as normal as her normal self when we first got her, and her temperatures are all perfect day and night along with humidity (hasn't changed at all since the last time i brought her feeding issue)

Ill include pics though. (the scales to the left of the 2 right ones are where the most recent rat bit her before I could jam my finger between its mouth.) which isn't anything I'm worried about. Look at the scales on the right. Link to pic below.

http://mopar-obsession.tumblr.com/post/71592308700

Shifty

Thanks

Re: Just need some advice.

Always have something handy... a pencil, tongs, anything is better than your fingers!! So far.. knock on a lot of wood I've not had to intervene with a feeding.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Yeah we normally do (I have a KABAR combat knife that i just leave in its hard plastic sheath but we literally just cleaned up so everything as moved from the normal spot...) So instead of jumping across the room i took the plunge... literally. aha

Shifty

Thanks
    expensive, but i think something like that would be the ultimate:

http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Stee.../dp/B000NNT2EY

no animal can bite through that, not even a shark stainless steel chain mail also good to have in case of a zombie acopalypse 3d printing makes chain mail a lot easier to produce, so prices should come down and it should get thinner with more rings. its also good when you cut stuff in the kitchen, its virtually indestructible so it lasts forever, and you can put it in the dishwasher. these uses justify the high price i think. the only potential problem is that it might be quite bad news for the teeth if instead of the rat, the snake bites into it.

http://www.amazon.com/1607XL-Resista.../dp/B003TV40XA

cheaper alternative, cut-resistant 100% kevlar. not quite as impenetrable, but that stuff is really really hard to cut even with a very sharp blade. gloves just give you better control than tongs or a snake hook.

about the injury, im no expert so i just say i hope it heals well. its small enough that it could heal without much scarring.
    Last edited by Pythonfriend; 12-30-2013 at 12:26 AM.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks

Re: Just need some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythonfriend View Post
    expensive, but i think something like that would be the ultimate:

http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Stee.../dp/B000NNT2EY

I have a sharpened blunt ended chopstick that I use to prevent rat bites, but that chainmail glove is freakin' awesome!
    I'll be getting a couple to add to my bug out bag!

1.1 Piebald
    1.0 Caramel
    1.0 Jigsaw
    0.1 Bumblebee, het. VPI Ax
    0.1 VPI Axanthic
    1.0 Lesser