Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,086

4 members and 3,082 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Christmas traveling and my BP

Hey guys,
    This is my first Christmas with my ball. My Christmas traveling is always hectic, and I was looking for some advice. I have no one to come check on my girl while I'm gone, or this wouldn't be such an issue. I have to go to my in-laws over Christmas, then I get 1 day home before going to my parents to do Christmas with them for almost a week. How should I do this with my BP girl, with feeding and keeping her clean? Should I feed her on the day I'm home between trips, or should I fast her till I'm back?
    Just trying to figure out the best course of action, since I can't really take her with me.

Thanks,
    Amanda Ellen

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Re: Christmas traveling and my BP

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda1226 View Post
    Hey guys,
    This is my first Christmas with my ball. My Christmas traveling is always hectic, and I was looking for some advice. I have no one to come check on my girl while I'm gone, or this wouldn't be such an issue. I have to go to my in-laws over Christmas, then I get 1 day home before going to my parents to do Christmas with them for almost a week. How should I do this with my BP girl, with feeding and keeping her clean? Should I feed her on the day I'm home between trips, or should I fast her till I'm back?
    Just trying to figure out the best course of action, since I can't really take her with me.

Thanks,
    Amanda Ellen
    I would just wait til you're back for good to feed. It's one of the perks of owning a snake compared to a dog or cat...feeding is much less of a concern over a period of a week or two.

Thanks
    I agree, I would clean her out and feed her before your first trip, when you come home for the day I would do a spot clean and water change and then feed her when you come back Just make sure everything is spot on enclosure wise before you go away and all should be just fine
    Last edited by Naom9Anne; 12-13-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks
    If you can trust the enclosure setup with temps and humidity there shouldn't be any problem. Mine is left alone for days. OK, I have a eye of GOD setup for monitoring him but again it's from remote. Usually I go MIA on him after cleaning, feeding, fresh water and never had a problem being absent even for 3-7 days

The only problem I might see is water evaporating in mean time, so maybe provide two if possible and or necessary?