Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,202

0 members and 3,202 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Heat Tape Recomendations

Thanks guys!! I think I am really going to consider the THG heat tape. Like it was stated it was made for the reptile world. Also, thank to for the thermostat feedback! Zoomed is the only brand my local reptile store carries so I thought Id ask. Kind of assumed that I would get the response I did.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsGolightly View Post
    Thanks guys!! I think I am really going to consider the THG heat tape. Like it was stated it was made for the reptile world. Also, thank to for the thermostat feedback! Zoomed is the only brand my local reptile store carries so I thought Id ask. Kind of assumed that I would get the response I did.
    I get a,or of stuff off of eBay,if you don't have an account,set one up...definitely worth it..

I have zoo meds mats on both my tanks and with no problems whatso ever

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NYHC4LIFE8899 View Post
    IF I am doing some serious work then quality is what I wrk with,if I'm crimping heat tape,I'm not spending $60 on a tool.
    So crimping Heat Tape that could potentially be a fire hazard when not crimped correctly is not serious work?? I work in the electrical field, maybe you rely on breaker's. I don't! So I guess the $600 my company spends on our Fluke meter's to protect us is a joke to you too?? SMH

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to led-zep For This Useful Post:

DooLittle (12-08-2013),Saber402 (12-08-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by led-zep View Post
    So crimping Heat Tape that could potentially be a fire hazard when not crimped correctly is not serious work?? I work in the electrical field, maybe you rely on breaker's. I don't! So I guess the $600 my company spends on our Fluke meter's to protect us is a joke to you too?? SMH
    So you need to spend $60 on a crimping tool to crimp heat tape cause one for $20 wouldn't do the same job "SMH"( I usually just use lol,but not the rest of them tacky terms)...how often are u using this tool to crimp heat tape? How often are you using a crimping tool while doing electric work?

let's figure this out together as a team ,elect work, your career ,use tools every day,quality last,espececially when used every day,so your best bet is go quality. Me personally I like all Milwaukee tools,not big in hilti or dewalt. Hilti is great for hammer drills and dewalts for dry wall guns..I still prefer Milwaukee,but sorry to you off topic....now heat tape,use once to crimp heat tape,heat tape goes bad let's say 3 months later use crimping tool again,goes to bottom of glass tank and is regulated by thermostat,yup huge fire hazard,cause a $20 crimping tool can't do the same job as a $60 crimping tool,especially when it's go by to be mainly collecting dust almost all year if your only use for it is for crimping...

so you spend $60 on something u will use 3-4 times a year...yeah that makes sense,cause a crimping tool for $20 won't do the trick..come on man,don't waste my time,don't just debate to make argument with me just cause it's me,lol

again apples and oranges...don't compare every day use to 4 times a year use,that's more common sense.

Now what companies spend on tools for every day use is diff,don't forget insurance is an issue,your workers are safe with the right material,u have little injuries or mistakes to worry about,that depends if you have quality workers ofcourse.. So please just stop,cause your making yourself sound________. Don't compare your companies and heavy duty working tools to crimping heat tape every 3 months..I can't make that clear enough

and I work with fluke meters on a reg basis,but we basically use it to make sure we have continuity on couplings for fusing polyethylene..we also use to make sure ppl use insulators when using inside couplings,that the two nipples or 2 pieces of steel pipe aren't conducting any static electricity ,so please stop while your ahead man,you can't clown me..but u can keep trying
    Last edited by NYHC4LIFE8899; 12-08-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Oh and I worked with Local 3 electricians for 8 yrs while I was a Union carpenter..I seen how electricians work,lol...so yeah more like your tools are more likely collecting dust??do u also wrk while sitting on a 5 gallon pale? I stand while work..but I'm not a carpenter anymore. Now I work on heavy duty gas mains and services for the past 7 yrs,sizes from 1/2" to 30" and I also work with tapping tools of high quality and very heavy duty. Tapping gas mains with a B-101 or d5 or e5 or Boyd machine you have to have the best and we do. I also do inside plumbing work threading steel pipe etc... I use to weld,but only arc weld but that was years ago when I was a carpenter.. I am scared of electric work, I don't like it.

Thanks

Do you even use Heat Tape? Because I could of swore in a couple of posts up you said you use ZooMed Heat Pads. All you are doing is what you normally do. Running your mouth about things you have no experience with, then when people who do have the experience chime in you bully them and look for a fight. Why the mods haven't banned you is a mystery to us all. O yeah I'm from Texas too, So aren't you gonna ask me where my flag is?? Or if I have sheep to go heard?? Don't bother replying, I'm done listening to you.
    Last edited by led-zep; 12-08-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks

Heat Tape Recomendations

THG Heat Tape and Herpstats for my thermostats.

If you do get a ZooMed UTH, don't adhere it directly to the enclosure. Flip the UTH upside down, put foil tape were the adhesive part is, flip it back over and then tape it to the bottom of the tank. The components on the inside of a UTH can become damaged when you try and pull the UTH off, by doing it this way you can easily remove the UTH without causing any damage and put it on another enclosure if you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by martin82531; 12-08-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Het Snow BCI
    1.0 Lesser Ball Python

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin82531 For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (12-08-2013),MsGolightly (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

THG heat tape on Herpstats.

I've had both flexwatt and THG. The THG seems to heat the tape more consistently throughout the entire tape. Its also slightly more energy efficient. My Flexwatt had hot spots and cold spots throughout the tape and was not consistent at all.

THG heat tape all the way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satomi325 For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (12-08-2013),MsGolightly (12-08-2013)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NYHC4LIFE8899 View Post
    your comparingapples to oranges..I'm not doing electric work on a home,I'm crimping heat tape,lol..so your commen above is pointless...
    I know quality tools,bubba,where's that flag hanging..get er done.,don't you have a sheep to go attend to? Spending $60 on a crimping tool for heat tape is a high joke and rip off,a rip off..IF I am doing some serious work then quality is what I wrk with,if I'm crimping heat tape,I'm not spending $60 on a tool. I work For a company that supplies garbage tools and well supplying garbage tools when your working on 6" -20" live gas mains isn't the way to do things,I deal with I daily...again crimping heat tape,I'm spending $10-$20 on a crimping tool ,tops...
    Again your are proving your intellectual aptitude and "turning over a new leaf.
    You do not use heat tape of any sort and buy pre maid so your opinion here it totally pointless on a better brand thread.
    Second, do you even know what type of connection is recommended for the THG tape? Your regular automotive style crimpers don't do a rivet do they?
    Third, a bad crimp or solder causes resistance, resistance causes heat build up, and this can lead to a fire.
    So when you have a large collection and drop your tanks for racks you can gamble on your owns apartment and everyone else that live in that building.
    Know what you preach about or shut your mouth and learn something rather than trying to make comments that are pointless and worthless around here Mr Keyboard warrior
    As many comments I could make that are family friendly about you and your other post not to mention your photos, I respect this board more than that however I'm not hard to find elsewhere either big boi.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

led-zep (12-08-2013),SlitherinSisters (12-09-2013)

Thanks

Well, that escalated quickly. AND GETTING BACK TO THE SUBJECT MATTER BEFORE THE THREAD WAS HIJACKED. I use THG heat tape cut into individual pieces(which Reptile Basics will do for you if you ask), each piece is properly CRIMPED and insulated for safety. These strips are all wired together and plugged into a HERPSTAT 1 from Spyder Robotics. It was a bit costly but altogether I don't regret these purchases because of the reliability and safety of their respective products.
    Last edited by TheSnakeGuy; 12-08-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    TheSnakeGuy

- Python Regius -
    1.0 Spider Mojave - "Tweak"
    0.1 Mystic Pastel - "Oracle"

Wish List . . . .someday
    Lavender Albino Pied(Dreamsicle) Ball Python
    2. Albino Burmese Python
    3. Mystic Potion Ball Python(Breeders)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheSnakeGuy For This Useful Post:

led-zep (12-08-2013),MsGolightly (12-08-2013)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast