Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,155

1 members and 3,154 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Ideas?

Thanks

Ideas?

So I got these two girls a short while back from a guy who didn't have room for them. Yes I do know they are both a little on the thin side, they are VERY picky eaters so I did get a good price on them. Most of the time they take asf rats, have gotten 1 to take a couple of small rats. I've been able to get a couple of snakes off asfs and rats only so I agreed to take them in. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on morphs?

possible Het albino girl

And this one that was told is a Ghana import?

PS will not consider breeding these two girls until I can get them eating reliably and put some weight on. Just curious on thoughts of morphs and such at this time. Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,863 Times in 4,780 Posts

Re: Ideas?

If you have an ablino male, no harm trying to prove out the het. I do like her reduced pattern.

Love the import, I'd throw a YB or specter male to her and see what happens.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

well only way to find out about the poss het is to try and prove her out, not much more to it than that. When people refer to Ghana, they are normally referring to the sub-species of ball python that get huge so basically all it tells you is she might get really big, its not a morph. Good luck

Thanks

OP - Your animal in the 1st pic looks really interesting, i'd be line-breeding that one for sure

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    When people refer to Ghana, they are normally referring to the sub-species of ball python that get huge so basically all it tells you is she might get really big, its not a morph.
    Think you're getting confused with 'Sub-Saharan' or more specifically 'Volta' balls - It's the Volta region animals that get BIG
    Last edited by alan1; 12-06-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alan1 View Post
    OP - Your animal in the 1st pic looks really interesting, i'd be line-breeding that one for sure

Think you're getting confused with 'Sub-Saharan' or more specifically 'Volta' balls - It's the Volta region animals that get BIG
    When people normally refer to Ghana, thats what they are referring to. They seem to be called quite a few things. I never liked Sub-Saharan, since that covers ball pythons entire natural habitat range, any ball python could be called it technically. Volta is inside of Ghana, so yes more specific.
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 12-07-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks

Ideas?

The first pic has a really nice reduced pattern. I would see if that trait gets passed on.