Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,316

3 members and 3,313 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Adding some damp sphagnum moss to their enclosure, or even putting some in their favourite hide is a technique I have used in the past. Some people leave damp moss in the cage at all times to up humidity if they have issues keeping it in normal range. I would usually just add it to the hide when I noticed the first few signs of a shed coming on (pink belly, blue eyes). The moss increases the humidity exactly where the BP is, so if the humidity gets too much for them, they can go to another part of the tank and escape the area of high humidity.

I also agree with all of the other tips in the thread: if the stuck shed isn't hindering your snake's abilities at all, just leave it and make sure humidity is better during the next shed cycle and the snake will do all the hard work for you.

Thanks

Stuck shed and feeding

After giving the snake a good soaking, try using a wet pillow case with the snake in it. Let it be for awhile, 4-5 hours. The wet/damp pillow case truck has worked well for many people. Of that doesn't work, I would suggest keeping your humidity up until the next shed, it may come off before then. Also try offering a humid hide as mentioned before.

Banned
    Thanks
    What I do to help get a good shed is add damp,well wett sphagnum moss. I add moss to the tank and around the hide and in the hide. You know it's a good thing when u lift off your hide to check on your snake and there is condensation on the inside the hide. Be careful about add moss to the tank if you have aspen,the aspen will and can mold. So what I do is I add the moss to a decent size tup o ware and place it on top of the hide under the heat lamp,then what I also did,cause my hide is fairly large,I got a small feeding dish from the pet store it's about 3x3 fill it with wett moss and put it in the hide,I cleared the aspen and placed it on the glass above the UTH to great bottom heat for wett moss.I still mist the tank. When my guy recently shed,I kept humidity up to 70-80-90 and pretty steady as steady as I can.

also something that I personally do. As soon as my guy is out of blue he always sheds at night it seem and the day after he is out of blue..so for the few day when his eyes clear I picked him up one time each night and misted him down,he loved it. I also increased the UTH heat in his hide . Kept the tank hot and humid.l worked for me perfect.
    Last edited by NYHC4LIFE8899; 12-08-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12