Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,140

0 members and 3,140 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breeding

Thanks

Breeding

Wanting to breed two Abbyline het kahl what will it make?
    1.0 Orange Ghost Ball Python
    0.1 100% Anery Boa
    1.0 Abbyline Het Kahl
    1.0 Blood Het Alb Python

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts

Re: Breeding

Quote Originally Posted by southbay54 View Post
    Wanting to breed two Abbyline het kahl what will it make?
    Abby line Hypos you mean? And are they BOTH het Kahl? 100% het Kahl?

If so, you'll make Abby line Hypos and possible super hypos all 66% het Kahl and, if they are in fact both het, you might get lucky and hit upon a few sunglows as well. They will all be considered Abby line, but the amount of aberrancies among the babies will vary and are dependent upon how good the parents are......

Just an fyi for those that are not aware, the Abby line is a specific bloodline of Hypo which produces aberrant markings most closely resembling those markings we see on Jungles such as missing saddle points, bubble holes in saddles, saddles that are x shaped or square/rectangular shaped. These aberrancies seem to produce true, however it also appears to be polygenic in nature and it has not been proven dominant or co-dominant at the present time. It does not behave as simple recessive.
    Last edited by Evenstar; 11-29-2013 at 11:21 PM.
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

Thanks
    Both het my male has the orange marking on the belly. The mother was sunglow. I'll send pics later
    0.1 100% Anery Boa
    1.0 Abbyline Het Kahl
    1.0 Blood Het Alb Python

Thanks

Both het my male has the orange marking on the belly. The mother was sunglow. I'll send pics later
    Orange markings on the belly?? I've never heard of that as a marker for the albino gene.......... Regardless, if the mother was a sunglow, then the babies are indeed het albino. Was she the mother of both of yours?

I'll look forward to pictures.
    Last edited by Evenstar; 11-30-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    ~ Kali

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

Thanks
    male the orange not showing up good on the cheap camera

female

0.1 100% Anery Boa
    1.0 Abbyline Het Kahl
    1.0 Blood Het Alb Python

Thanks
    Sorry to tell you this, but neither of those animals are hypos. Hence, they are also not Aby line. The Aby bloodline is a specific line of Hypomelanism that also affects pattern. But the animal must be a Hypo in order to be Aby line. They may have been produced from Aby Hypos, but this does not make them Aby. Again, they have to be Hypos in order to be Aby line.

Your snakes are very nice - very nice indeed! But they are good-quality Normals.

They can still be 100% het for albino - and would be if their sire or dam was a Sunglow as you'd mentioned. But you won't get any hypos or sunglows in a litter bred from these two.

You will get normals that are 66% het albinos and visual albinos in this litter - all normal patterns.

This is a Hypo, just for comparison purposes. She is NOT Aby line, she is an Orange Tail Hypo. But Hypos should look like this no matter what bloodline they are. A true hypo does not have the amount of black that your guys show.

~ Kali

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Evenstar For This Useful Post:

Shann (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    There not normal red tail only was is brown not black. The male has orange marking all down his sides. They will make 1/4 visuals. Mother was sunglow and the father was abbyline
    0.1 100% Anery Boa
    1.0 Abbyline Het Kahl
    1.0 Blood Het Alb Python

Registered User Physician&Snakes's Avatar
    Thanks

There not normal red tail only was is brown not black. The male has orange marking all down his sides. They will make 1/4 visuals. Mother was sunglow and the father was abbyline
    Pink/orange marking can mean something sometimes, but not always. At the the store we put out a lot of BCI with pink/salmon/orange, etc... with absolutely no albino blood in the parents. Now, I do have an adult partial stripe female that I bought as 100% het albino and possible het snow, dad was 100% het snow and striped while mom was a cut and dry albino. I never saw her litter mates so I cannot a test to them, but she has some major orange and pink on her sides and belly, plus an odd blue-gray tint to her grayer areas. The male has a lot of gold and brown on him so that makes me doubtful of albino blood but I also doubt it's impossible. I agree that neither are hypo, if you cannot believe Evenstar, then believe logic...
    Hypomelanistic: below melanin...melanin causes dark pigments...the decent amount of black on both specimens is an obvious sign of at least average melanin ratios, therefore she is not hypomelanistic. Very nice pair, nice consistent patterns that would produce beautiful specimens hets or not.
    Last edited by Physician&Snakes; 12-01-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".- Edwin H. Chapin

"When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something; he has been put on his wits ... he has gained facts, learned his ignorance, is cured of the insanity of conceit, has got moderation and real skill".
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Physician&Snakes For This Useful Post:

Evenstar (12-01-2013)

Thanks

MANY normal Colombians have orangish or pink blushing. And their tails will always range from bright red to brown to black. This in no way makes them hypomelanistic or anything other than a NORMAL wildtype. It just makes them very nice normals with lots of coloration.

If the mother is a sunglow, then these 2 will carry the albino gene so they are 100% het albino. If their original breeder told you the male was Aby line, he probably meant that that male came from an Aby line pairing. But I seriously doubt the father was a hypo since when paired with a sunglow, these 2 very normal babies were produced.

I am not trying to be rude, but YOU asked the question. I am sorry you don't like the answer, but it is what it is. Your 2 snakes are Normals and if bred together will not produce anything other than normals 66% het albino and a few visual albinos. If you don't believe me, go ahead and breed them. The litter will speak for itself. And I DID say they would, in fact, produce some visuals. In this case, 25% of the offspring should statistically be visual albinos. Frankly, with their mother having been a sunglow, that is not at issue at all. The question seems to be in regards to these 2 snakes being hypo and therefore Aby line.

Quote Originally Posted by Physician&Snakes View Post
    Pink/orange marking can mean something sometimes, but not always. At the the store we put out a lot of BCI with pink/salmon/orange, etc... with absolutely no albino blood in the parents. Now, I do have an adult partial stripe female that I bought as 100% het albino and possible het snow, dad was 100% het snow and striped while mom was a cut and dry albino. I never saw her litter mates so I cannot a test to them, but she has some major orange and pink on her sides and belly, plus an odd blue-gray tint to her grayer areas. The male has a lot of gold and brown on him so that makes me doubtful of albino blood but I also doubt it's impossible. I agree that neither are hypo, if you cannot believe Evenstar, then believe logic...
    Hypomelanistic: below melanin...melanin causes dark pigments...the decent amount of black on both specimens is an obvious sign of at least average melanin ratios, therefore she is not hypomelanistic. Very nice pair, nice consistent patterns that would produce beautiful specimens hets or not.
    Exactly right.
    Last edited by Evenstar; 12-01-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    ~ Kali

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Evenstar For This Useful Post:

Shann (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    One more picture. THIS is an Aby line Hypo. This animal is owned by Buddy Young and is NOT a jungle. This is what the Aby bloodline does to HYPOS. It does not affect the normal pattern in the same way. The trait is linked to the gene for hypomelanism. This is why a normal cannot be "Aby line" although a normal can be produced from a pairing with one Aby parent - which is what I suspect the original breeder meant with regard to your snakes. But pairing 2 normal snakes from an Aby line breeding will not produce snakes like this. The Hypo gene is co-dominant so a normal cannot carry the gene - if the snake has it, it will be expressed as a visual hypo.
    Last edited by Evenstar; 12-01-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    ~ Kali

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Evenstar For This Useful Post:

Shann (12-01-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast