Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,383

1 members and 3,382 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks

Krylon make it stone

Krylon make it stone spray paint

i have reg black abs plastic hides,which I hate the way they look with the rest of my tank set up,just don't fit in..

is this stuff safe to use in my tank..my tanks heat is supplied with a UTH and overhead heat. I just don't want to buy this and have it get my little friends sick..is it non toxic? Can it harm my snake? Can the heat from my bulbs let the paint emmite off fumes?

If this is not 100% safe then I'll pass and I'm fine with my hides!til the next reptile expo.

Thanks

Re: Krylon make it stone

Quote Originally Posted by NYHC4LIFE8899 View Post
    Krylon make it stone spray paint

i have reg black abs plastic hides,which I hate the way they look with the rest of my tank set up,just don't fit in..

is this stuff safe to use in my tank..my tanks heat is supplied with a UTH and overhead heat. I just don't want to buy this and have it get my little friends sick..is it non toxic? Can it harm my snake? Can the heat from my bulbs let the paint emmite off fumes?

If this is not 100% safe then I'll pass and I'm fine with my hides!til the next reptile expo.
    If it does not clearly state "non-toxic" Consider it a potential source of a toxin.
    However, this can be dealt with by coating the possibly hazardous paint with a few layers of a lacquer which is essentially a liquid plastic or non-toxic itself.
    I don't really see the point of painting up Reptile Basics types of hides as their lines look unnatural to start with. No paint will fix that. But, the snakes don't seem to mind them at all, the opacity and the right size seem to be the animals main concern.

I have had a great deal of luck with Krylon paints adhering to all sorts of plastics which is an issue in and of itself.
    Last edited by Raven01; 11-28-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks
    Believe on the krylon site it states that none of there products are toxic once they dry. Theres another thread about making hides out of clay and i believe they used rhe krylon stone paint to make the hides look more natural

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bigt0006; 11-28-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    1.1yellow belly
    1.0 desert enchi
    1.0 pastel
    1.0 het russo
    1.0 lemon pastel
    0.1 spider
    2.0 normal

1.0 striped corn
    0.1.0 normal corn

1.0 columbian rianbow boa
    1.0 super hypo bci

0.2 leopard geckos

0.1.0 water dragon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bigt0006 For This Useful Post:

NYHC4LIFE8899 (11-29-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

Angry Re: Krylon make it stone

Quote Originally Posted by bigt0006 View Post
    Believe on the krylon site it states that none of there products are toxic once they dry. Theres another thread about making hides out of clay and i believe they used rhe krylon stone paint to make the hides look more natural

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Yup,I actually found that link..use the stone spray then let it fully dry then coat it with a matte finish,but I did some looking and found a spray finish better than the one suggested to use it's a uv protector( not that I have a uv bulb forms Bp,but do have a heat bulb),water proof ,acrylic matte finish spray,so I'll be going with that. I plan on spraying just the outside of my hides,so I'll get masking tap and do what I gotta do..going to be using a tan type stone spray

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raven01 View Post
    If it does not clearly state "non-toxic" Consider it a potential source of a toxin.
    However, this can be dealt with by coating the possibly hazardous paint with a few layers of a lacquer which is essentially a liquid plastic or non-toxic itself.
    I don't really see the point of painting up Reptile Basics types of hides as their lines look unnatural to start with. No paint will fix that. But, the snakes don't seem to mind them at all, the opacity and the right size seem to be the animals main concern.

I have had a great deal of luck with Krylon paints adhering to all sorts of plastics which is an issue in and of itself.
    Yeah whatever man,lol,I don't care if the snake minds or not,lol,not that he knows..but he has heat,water,food and humidity and is no clear danger than I will do as I like..hope that clears things up,cause I care what you think

Thanks

Yeah whatever man,lol,I don't care if the snake minds or not,lol,not that he knows..but he has heat,water,food and humidity and is no clear danger than I will do as I like..hope that clears things up,cause I care what you think
    I would ask if you have been told to get bent today if it were anyone but you.
    In your case it is a safe bet that I don't even have to ask.

Edit:
    Honest question to the mods: Why has no one given this fool a time out if not an outright ban yet?
    Last edited by Raven01; 11-29-2013 at 01:26 AM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Raven01 For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (11-29-2013),BrandiR (11-29-2013),DooLittle (11-29-2013),MJT_23 (12-01-2013),NYHC4LIFE8899 (11-29-2013)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Can the heat from my bulbs let the paint emmite off fumes?

That question and then your own answer to it, smartest response you could get/done
    Heat will make any paint leach, the question is at what temp?
    Last edited by PitOnTheProwl; 11-29-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    That question and then your own answer to it, smartest response you could get/done
    Heat will make any paint leach, the question is at what temp?
    Well my plan is to paint outside only,my hot spot is avg of 88-91, but I do have bulbs and they keep my hot side around84-86,, but like I said,I found a acrylic,water proof,uv proof matte finish.. Finishes like an acrylic/plastic,so it sounds like it cant get much better...I'm basically looking for a solid answer,there is a link here with someone who said they have used it with the matte finish paint..just looking to see everyone else's opinion if they have used it.like I said,while like the look,it's about my snakes health..obviously I, not sure about it,lol,which is why I'm questioning it..maybe I should just pass,unless someone that has used it speaks up

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven01 View Post
    Edit:
    Honest question to the mods: Why has no one given this fool a time out if not an outright ban yet?
    Because we aren't in the habit of banning people (temporarily or permanently) just because they might behave like jerks. (I'm speaking in general here, and not fingering anyone specifically. ) This is a public site...open to the public...and therefore, we must put up with the jerks that inevitably inhabit the public, so long as they operate within the rules we've set.
    -- Judy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

NYHC4LIFE8899 (11-29-2013)

Banned
    Thanks
    Exactly

i have read read all rules and guidelines and will follow accordingly. Happy thanksgiving all

Ravenc nt not following rule guidelines,he called me a fool and well isn't name calling something that calls for an infraction, I believe so....see atleast JLC was smart about it and went by it without just saying me .. Raven that's how u should have played it...yeah name calling over the internet ,lol, funny...

anyway,I am here on this forum for my snakes best interest and only that reason. I care for my pets and pals pets and you ppl as well care for yours and the well being of others..
    Last edited by NYHC4LIFE8899; 11-29-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast