Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,168

1 members and 1,167 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

SyHy4455 (58)

» Stats

Members: 75,121
Threads: 248,563
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SyHy4455

View Poll Results: Which male?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Albino Ivory

1 25.00%
  • Supertiger platinum het albino

1 25.00%
  • Motley sunfire het albino

2 50.00%
    Registered User Physician&Snakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Good male for my two females

So in march I am off to the Colombia Repticon to procure a male retic to complete my goal of a 2.3 breeding group. I already have one female set up to her mate (tiger het amel & GC het amel), so now I am just searching for one more stud for my Vital exotics high contrast normal and Lavender albino from Chase~n~Reptiles. My normal has a very nice pattern with great silvers and golds, my lav has a pretty modest pattern, but some pretty intense orange and grey-blue going on. Given those details I am pretty sure on three different males...

Albino Ivory- Produce a clutch of platinum het albinos and a clutch of albino platinums. I like the idea of this choice because he has a guaranteed put out and platinums are by no means going out of style and a recessive gene as a little extra is always good. I would also love to see what the platinum gene can do with my normal's contrast and my lav's intensity.

Super tiger platinum het albino- of course this guy will produce all tigers some of which, speaking statistically, will also be platinum, possible het albinos, visual albino tigers, and of course combos with the maximum potential being a 3 gene visual albino platinum tiger. This guy is a lot more uncertain as far as what he'll yield, but his forms are staples in the retic market and a little more of that "box of chocolates" feel is always good in breeding projects.

Motley Sunfire het albino- the motley gene is definitely a money maker and a dynamic gene to work with (best of both worlds) and I would love to see it add some more consistency to my females' colors and pattern, then of course you have sunfire and het albino to add some fun and unpredictability.

So, I am open to any thoughts or other suggestions...about my only criteria is the only recessive gene allowed is albino and no citrons.
    Last edited by Physician&Snakes; 11-21-2013 at 08:44 PM.
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".- Edwin H. Chapin

"When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something; he has been put on his wits ... he has gained facts, learned his ignorance, is cured of the insanity of conceit, has got moderation and real skill".
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson