Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,293

1 members and 3,292 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Registered User Physician&Snakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: new to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by kingkung View Post
    I heard that king snakes musk and I hear it smells very bad and is hard to walk off. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Sent from my HTCONE
    He is talking about Kingsnake.com classifieds where weirdos like me watch constantly for great deals on specimens. Check the vendor list on Repticon.com...see if anyone there is going to have het pieds, check out reviews on them, then ask if they will hold a pair for you if you pay in advance...I have done this before, really takes the, "what if someone else grab it" feel...let's me chill as I walk around. Also, I recommend not rolling the dice and grab a male pied with 100% het pied female...this way you will have a pied in your collection and any normal babies are 100% hets...also makes it easy for proof because you just send a pic of dad.
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".- Edwin H. Chapin

"When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something; he has been put on his wits ... he has gained facts, learned his ignorance, is cured of the insanity of conceit, has got moderation and real skill".
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Physician&Snakes For This Useful Post:

Phantomtip (11-18-2013)

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,268 Posts

I heard that king snakes musk and I hear it smells very bad and is hard to walk off. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Yes, I've been musked on by all of my four Cali Kings. Honestly it didn't smell that bad to me (granted they were tiny little things) and they only did it right when I got them and they were still adjusting (so stressed). Now that they're settled in and "know" when it's handle time they don't musk or poop/pee on me anymore. At an expo last year a young boy tried to handle a adult speckled kingsnake at a vendor's table and it musked over him and the counter and it smelt soooo bad and the smell lingered for well over an hour so I'm assuming some snakes smell worse than others when they musk.
    ~Angelica~
    See my collection HERE

4.15 Ball Pythons
    1.1 Angolan Pythons
    2.2 Cali Kings_______________________0.1 SSTP Black Blood
    1.1 T+ Argentine BCOs______________1.0 Snow Bull
    1.3 Colombian morph BCIs___________0.1 Coastal Carpet
    0.1 Hog Island BCI__________________0.1 Platinum Retic
    0.1 Het Anery BCL __________________0.1 Lavender Albino Citron Retic
    0.2 Central American morph BCIs_____1.0 Blonde/Caramel Retic
    0.1 Pokigron Suriname BCC__________0.1 Goldenchild Retic
    0.0.1 Corn

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daybreaker View Post
    Yes, I've been musked on by all of my four Cali Kings. Honestly it didn't smell that bad to me (granted they were tiny little things) and they only did it right when I got them and they were still adjusting (so stressed). Now that they're settled in and "know" when it's handle time they don't musk or poop/pee on me anymore. At an expo last year a young boy tried to handle a adult speckled kingsnake at a vendor's table and it musked over him and the counter and it smelt soooo bad and the smell lingered for well over an hour so I'm assuming some snakes smell worse than others when they musk.
    I guess this means I have to stop wearing my nice sweaters to shows...they are pretty kick A$$ sweaters though...my grandma hand selected them personally.
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".- Edwin H. Chapin

"When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something; he has been put on his wits ... he has gained facts, learned his ignorance, is cured of the insanity of conceit, has got moderation and real skill".
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Physician&Snakes For This Useful Post:

Phantomtip (11-18-2013)

Thanks
    How many balls can be housed in a 20 gallon long?

Sent from my HTCONE

Thanks
    One, you shouldn't house more than one BP in one enclosure at any one time. They are not social animals, they are solitary animals. Most, if not all snakes should be housed separately until breeding which is only for a very short period of time.

There are too many risks in housing more than one. Some do it and do it without incident but not worth taking the chance!

Thanks

Sent from my HTCONE
    One

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thanks

Sent from my HTCONE
    Two if you put an opaque divider in the middle. Most adult BPs will usually care less about cage mates as long as they are not males; however, babies and juveniles can be easily stressed by cage mates. If you are going for multiple specimens then just go buy a 6 pack of 32qt tubs, save some bank, and have room for 6 new specimens.
    Last edited by Physician&Snakes; 11-18-2013 at 02:32 PM.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks
    I'm going to stick to one. Since I have a bunch of leopard geckos to care for.

Sent from my HTCONE

Thanks
    I'm hoping to find a normal for under $20 at repticon. I am going to pick up a 20 gallon long tank for the python.

Sent from my HTCONE

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast