Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,419

2 members and 3,417 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 993 Posts

Because Goldenchilds are awesome

:-) I'll add more to this later on this week. I just wanted to share. This is a 50% Jampea Goldenchild. The cool thing about goldenchilds is they come from very small blood lines already. Adding Jampea into them not only creates even smaller adults, but it enhances the colors. I have been working with a range of locales with retics, and I have to say that when you start mixing the bloods, it really does something special. . . This guy GLOWS
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Retics are my passion. Just ask.

www.wildimaging.net www.facebook.com/wildimaging

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reptileexperts For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (11-12-2013),Bluebonnet Herp (11-11-2013),Garnet (11-11-2013)

Registered User Physician&Snakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Because Goldenchilds are awesome

Phenomenal, I am waiting on my 2013 GC to shed...he is the classic dark golden child with a touch of silver in his sides.
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".- Edwin H. Chapin

"When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something; he has been put on his wits ... he has gained facts, learned his ignorance, is cured of the insanity of conceit, has got moderation and real skill".
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks
    Nothing wrong with the classic GC - they call them Goldenchilds for a reason - as they get older they will lose a lot of that dark pigment and start to get more golden brown. The cool part with the Jampea GC I have, is he was born golden / faded brown with silver eyes. He's also het albino and 50% het Anery to boot :-)

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reptileexperts View Post
    Nothing wrong with the classic GC - they call them Goldenchilds for a reason - as they get older they will lose a lot of that dark pigment and start to get more golden brown. The cool part with the Jampea GC I have, is he was born golden / faded brown with silver eyes. He's also het albino and 50% het Anery to boot :-)
    Those are some good genetics, you should pair that boy up to an albino sunfire, that would be good. Mine is 100% het amel, I have a female tiger het amel that looks quite promising as well. He is pretty dark from what I have seen but he also has some distinct black markings along his head that are really cool, I have not seen that in many other GCs then again I was not always looking (lol). Right now I am mostly looking at ivory het albinos and platinum albinos since I also have a really nice lav that I could see producing some great babies in the future...and at first I though I was finishing with a group of balls and maybe two pairs of carpets, nothing makes sense anymore .
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".- Edwin H. Chapin

"When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something; he has been put on his wits ... he has gained facts, learned his ignorance, is cured of the insanity of conceit, has got moderation and real skill".
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks

Love the photo! Absolutely beautiful snake.
    My family:
    1.0 spouse
    1.0 child
    0.1 Normal BP "Millie"
    1.0 East African Sand Boa "Leto"

My blog:
    www.AllergicKid.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Physician&Snakes View Post
    Those are some good genetics, you should pair that boy up to an albino sunfire, that would be good. Mine is 100% het amel, I have a female tiger het amel that looks quite promising as well. He is pretty dark from what I have seen but he also has some distinct black markings along his head that are really cool, I have not seen that in many other GCs then again I was not always looking (lol). Right now I am mostly looking at ivory het albinos and platinum albinos since I also have a really nice lav that I could see producing some great babies in the future...and at first I though I was finishing with a group of balls and maybe two pairs of carpets, nothing makes sense anymore .
    Vital exotics stock? They seem to be working with GC amel project a bit. . .

and gotta love retics! Can't have just one ;-) And my boy will be paired to the Tiger Motley het albino ;-)

Thanks

Vital exotics stock? They seem to be working with GC amel project a bit. . .

and gotta love retics! Can't have just one ;-) And my boy will be paired to the Tiger Motley het albino ;-)
    No the het amels are from Ian Morris at Tics & Balls, really great guy. My normal female is from Vital Exotics though and she is pristine. Tiger Motley plus the het albino will definitely make some good stuff.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks
    Ah ok! Yeah, lots of Amel projects are getting started out there, which is good for diversity, but I still prefer purple stuff ;-) . . . Hopefully my GC Proves purple and not white, which will generate Purple GC Motley Tigers ;-) in a smaller package (SD x Dwarf X mainland).

Another shot from last night. Can't get enough of this guy, or my new camera set up for that point . . .

And the camera set up. . .

Canon 70D, Sigma 18-35mm F1.8

Thanks

Ah ok! Yeah, lots of Amel projects are getting started out there, which is good for diversity, but I still prefer purple stuff ;-) . . . Hopefully my GC Proves purple and not white, which will generate Purple GC Motley Tigers ;-) in a smaller package (SD x Dwarf X mainland).

Another shot from last night. Can't get enough of this guy, or my new camera set up for that point . . .

And the camera set up. . .

Canon 70D, Sigma 18-35mm F1.8
    Yeah, I actual decided to use lavender for any albino projects since I can theoretically get all three strands.

Mine shed out the other day...
    In shed

out of shed flash

no flash

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

BPnet Senior Member Bluebonnet Herp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Here I am, telling myself that I can't be saving money for retics right now because I don't need to be owning any giant pythons, yet here you are posting pics of these lovely snakes; the pics screaming just how awesome and beautiful these snakes are. You make it tough, dawg.
    Nah, but in all honestly, lovely snake you have there. GC's have to be (one of) my favorite retic morphs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast