Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,436

0 members and 2,436 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
    Thanks

Florida sellers permit question

I live in Florida and when I go the fill out the class iii sellers permit I get a little confused. It asks for my business name and business address witch I do not have because I do this more as a hobby then a business.

My question then is, do I need to have a business such as a LLC to get the permit and if not what do I put on the fleids were it asks for business info.

BPnet Senior Member CD CONSTRICTORS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 658 Posts
    If you want to be 100% safe then file for a DBA first then your Class III permit. Next get your EIN from the IRS. You need the EIN for your FL tax stamp (which you should have if you plan on selling AT ALL).

When I filed for my first Class III permit I used the name I planned on using (with my name in front of it), so it was a fairly safe bet that no one else would be filing under the same name. I filed for my LLC and EIN shortly after and then got my FL tax stamp/reseller license. I should have filed for my LLC first to be 100% sure, but like I said- my name is attached to the business, so it was a pretty safe bet.

If you want to play by the books down here, its gonna cost you a few hundred dollars. Its cheaper than the fine they will slap on you when a FWC officer meets you to buy the snake you listed on CraigsList

If you think big brother isn't watching down here, then check this out.... opened shipment by FWC from a purchase I made from Mike Wilbanks. 3 snakes in there and it was my largest purchase at the time. I was scared crapless when I opened it, but everything was just fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CD CONSTRICTORS For This Useful Post:

shadowsnakes (11-04-2013)