Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,803

2 members and 2,801 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,569
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
    Thanks

Ball python stomach and shedding

Lately my ball python has developed an orande stomach. Its only on a little section of his body. It doesnt seem to bother him at all. I know that it cant be a burn because his uth isnt that hot(i felt to make sure). Just adds heat under the hide. Could it be the cypress hes on. It is the kind for herps.

Also, today i went to check on him and hes in shed. Its weird since he just shed at the beginning of October. I heard it could be because of a growth spurt but he hasnt gotten too mich bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Ball python stomach and shedding

Quote Originally Posted by Yamitaifu View Post
    Lately my ball python has developed an orande stomach. Its only on a little section of his body. It doesnt seem to bother him at all. I know that it cant be a burn because his uth isnt that hot(i felt to make sure). Just adds heat under the hide. Could it be the cypress hes on. It is the kind for herps.

Also, today i went to check on him and hes in shed. Its weird since he just shed at the beginning of October. I heard it could be because of a growth spurt but he hasnt gotten too mich bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feeling your UTH is not a proper way to measure temperature, your idea of hot is not the snakes idea of hot. Is it controlled with a thermostat? Do you have an IR thermometer to measure the surface temps? Thats how you should be doing it. As for a red spot, or orange as you say? Got pics? could be a number of things.

0.1 Albino
    0.2 Classic
    0.1 Het. Red Axanthic
    0.1 Mojave h. Ghost
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Spider h. Ghost
    1.0 Black Pastel
    1.0 Blue Eye Leucistic h. Ghost
    1.0 Lesser
    1.0 Pastel h. Ghost

0.1 Morelia bredli
    0.0.1 Varanus acanthurus (Silly)
    0.1 Brachypelma auratum
    0.1 Scottisch Fold (Tipsy)
    0.1 Abyssinian (Prim)

http://www.facebook.com/AAExoten

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eatgoodfood For This Useful Post:

NH93 (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    If he's actually in shed it's possible it's because of that if its pink belly.
    But yes it would have to be pretty darn hot for it to feel hot to you. Temp it to find out for sure

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Ball python stomach and shedding

i knew that i would be criticized for saying that. i actually do need to get myself a better thermostat i just havent had the time to get one. to be more precise i could say that it wasnt even warm to me. I know for a fact that it could not be burning him. 99% sure (always leave that 1% for when im wrong). its also under the tank, under linoleum and under about a 1/2 inch of cypress. I tried to get pictures before but he was too squirmy and now that hes in shed i cant get a clear pic. it also know that it isnt from shed as he had this awhile before but i thought that it might just be from the cypress.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamitaifu View Post
    i knew that i would be criticized for saying that. i actually do need to get myself a better thermostat i just havent had the time to get one. to be more precise i could say that it wasnt even warm to me. I know for a fact that it could not be burning him. 99% sure (always leave that 1% for when im wrong). its also under the tank, under linoleum and under about a 1/2 inch of cypress. I tried to get pictures before but he was too squirmy and now that hes in shed i cant get a clear pic. it also know that it isnt from shed as he had this awhile before but i thought that it might just be from the cypress.
    Id say wait till he sheds out to see if it clears up and if not then snap some pics and or consider a vet visit( though that more depends on what it is imo)

0.1 Albino
    0.2 Classic
    0.1 Het. Red Axanthic
    0.1 Mojave h. Ghost
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Spider h. Ghost
    1.0 Black Pastel
    1.0 Blue Eye Leucistic h. Ghost
    1.0 Lesser
    1.0 Pastel h. Ghost

0.1 Morelia bredli
    0.0.1 Varanus acanthurus (Silly)