Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,006

1 members and 2,005 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Fogger dripping?

Is there possibly a way i can stop my fogger from dripping? I use aspen as substrate so the dripping may cause it to mould!?!?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

BPnet Senior Member Rickys_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Fogger dripping?

Quote Originally Posted by dillymann View Post
    Is there possibly a way i can stop my fogger from dripping? I use aspen as substrate so the dripping may cause it to mould!?!?
    What type of fogger is it?

If it is a reptifogger then perhaps it's the way you've got the tube setup. Condensation will buildup in the tub, so I ave found the best solution is to swap the tub that comes with the reptifogger with a smooth tube from your hardware store.

Thanks
    This is for a bp enclosure? My suggestion would be to try to see if you can raise humidity by changing aspen to cypress and adding a humid box so you can take out the fogger.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks

Fogger dripping?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickys_Reptiles View Post
    What type of fogger is it?

If it is a reptifogger then perhaps it's the way you've got the tube setup. Condensation will buildup in the tub, so I ave found the best solution is to swap the tub that comes with the reptifogger with a smooth tube from your hardware store.
    Its home made I used 1/2" PVC pipe for the tubes

Thanks

Fogger dripping?

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    This is for a bp enclosure? My suggestion would be to try to see if you can raise humidity by changing aspen to cypress and adding a humid box so you can take out the fogger.
    I have heard bad things about cypress having bugs in it and I have a humid hide if anything I will switch aspen to coco husk

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    Maybe a good ol' fashion bowl(or dry sponge) to catch the drips under the tubes.
    Maybe have your exit tubes go horizontal or even a slight upslope to prevent dripping. The water collection in them would probably just evaporate itself or you can just go in manually to towel it dry.

BPnet Senior Member Rickys_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Fogger dripping?

Quote Originally Posted by dillymann View Post
    Its home made I used 1/2" PVC pipe for the tubes

Your setup is the issue. The way you have created a horizonal tube is going to trap the moisture and cause it to condense. I would change it to something more like this:

You will still have some dripping, since moisture naturally goes up, not down, but it'll be better than what you have now.
    Last edited by Rickys_Reptiles; 10-21-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Thanks

Fogger dripping?

I have a big water dish in there but its not doing a whole lot...

Banned
    Thanks
    Place a wet rag along the top of the screen on your tank or up to the heat dome then get a plastic container cut a hole in it the top and place some sphagnum moss in it,wet it ,ring it out and keep it damp and that will help raise humidity. I'm actually about to up the temp in my tank and going to do the same. Wanna see if I can get my tank to he a steady 90 degrees and atlesst 50 % humidity. Cause now I'm at 86 degrees and 40-50 humidity on avg..that's before misting. I know if I raise temp it can dry out the tank,so have to get humidity up.
    Last edited by NYHC4LIFE8899; 10-21-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks
    i am unfamiliar with this type of fogger, what physical process is used to create the fog? (i suspect its ultrasound but im not sure).

the ultrasound foggers i know are typically partially submerged and fed by a body of water where the water surface is only slightly above the fogger, so the water pressure is minimal. like 5 millimeters or 1/6 th of an inch of water.

i can help when i know more about the device and the physics behind it.

also, is it an overflow problem, or is the fog condensing and then dripping down?
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast