Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,795

2 members and 2,793 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Tell me about your horses!

I love talking horses, so let's see/hear about yours!

I've got one horse at the moment, and OTTB, 17hh tall moose. Sweetest guy in the world, I love him to bits.

I did have a five year old project mare, I loved her to bits. Smart as a whip and gorgeous. I used to love to watch her move. I took that mare from unhandleable to greenbroke, calm, even tempered, and her worst spook was a hop to the side and a snort.

Thanks
    Not an owner at the moment, does leasing count? My leasee is a 16.2 chestnut KWPN (he's actually my trainers former Grand Prix jumper) that takes a 60 inch girth and a size 3 shoe . I refer to him as the "chestnut beastie." He is the laziest sack of lard, but if you drive him forward and get him to frame it's like this incredible motor connects through the back end, I've never felt anything like it (then again I've never gotten to ride a horse of his caliber before either).

I love OTTBs (and non OT TBs), I'm trying to talk the hubby into getting me one when we move to VA. Hopefully I'll finally get him to learn to ride too, although he has this annoying insistence on riding western, and tells me that he thinks he needs a mustang.
    -Devon

0.1 Axanthic Bee (Pixel)
    0.2 Axanthic Pastel (Cornelia, Short Round)
    0.1 Axanthic (Bubbles)
    0.1 Bee het Axanthic (Nipper)
    0.1 Lesser (Lydia)
    0.1 het Lavender (Poppy)
    0.1 het Hypo (Cookie)
    1.0 Killerbee het Axanthic (Yellow Dude)
    1.0 Pied (Starry Starry Dude)
    1.0 Butter Hypo (Spooky Dude)
    1.0 PH Lavender (Little Dude)

Thanks

Re: Tell me about your horses!

I wish I had more pics, but looks like I don't have any on this computer of our rockies... But here's a pic of my all time favorite horse, Micky (RIP)

Dopiest horse EVER!!! He used to clip the back of my heel every single day. Loved that dude.

And here's Lily, she was a big sweetie pie
    http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/...psad575db2.jpg
    I really need to find my camera!! I know I've got some better pics on my memory card

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MootWorm For This Useful Post:

Badgemash (10-15-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Horses are my one true love

Me and my favorite girls, the buckskin is my sister's horse. The buckskin is 5 years old, the paint is 25 years old.

My sister and I

My mare, she is my life She was my first horse and I've had her for almost 10 years now!

My sister and her filly

I just love how this one turned out. I was sneaking pictures while the photographer was taking her senior pics
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 11-08-2013 at 07:46 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SlitherinSisters For This Useful Post:

ball*pythons (11-12-2013)

Thanks
    Unfortunately I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I recently bought myself a registered AQHA buckskin colt. Pretty good bloodlines from the Peppy San Badger and Skipper W lines. Hopefully he will be a great cutting horse (and possibly a stud) if he turns out like I hope he will. I am boarding him at the family farm for the time being. Going to visit him this weekend so I will snap a couple shots. Still has his colt coat on as he is only 3.5 months old (born July 18th), so I can't wait to see what he looks like come spring.

I also have a 15 year old bay gelding. Not papered, but a good ranch horse none the less. I miss my Sorrel mare, she passed 6 years ago.

Stephanie, that buckskin filly of your sister's is an absolutely stunning horse. And your paint looks like she is doing well for 25 years old! Nothing quite like the bond between you and your horse.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kensa View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I recently bought myself a registered AQHA buckskin colt. Pretty good bloodlines from the Peppy San Badger and Skipper W lines. Hopefully he will be a great cutting horse (and possibly a stud) if he turns out like I hope he will. I am boarding him at the family farm for the time being. Going to visit him this weekend so I will snap a couple shots. Still has his colt coat on as he is only 3.5 months old (born July 18th), so I can't wait to see what he looks like come spring.

I also have a 15 year old bay gelding. Not papered, but a good ranch horse none the less. I miss my Sorrel mare, she passed 6 years ago.

Stephanie, that buckskin filly of your sister's is an absolutely stunning horse. And your paint looks like she is doing well for 25 years old! Nothing quite like the bond between you and your horse.
    that's sad about your sorrel. I'm not looking forward to the day my mare passes. It will be awful, but I've had her long enough to know it could happen any day

And yes, I love that filly! She's just gorgeous. Crazy enough Skipper W is in her blood lines too! She's a good show, trail, all around horse, and she likes to run The trainer would not be impressed about the running part, lol

As for my mare, the bond really is amazing! She will do almost anything for me, and she's a champ. We had a lot of fun together this summer. We just went on a 25 mile trail ride to a little hole in the wall bar, lol

Thanks

I have an AQHA gelding (Rojo) out of Peppy San Badger too. He did not make it as a cutting horse but went thru reining training several years ago and still knows the moves. He is dead broke and such a sweet heart, just the perfect horse for this old girl.
    [IMG][/IMG]

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TerrieL For This Useful Post:

Crazymonkee (11-10-2013),crazypythonlady (11-10-2013)

Registered User crazypythonlady's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have too many for pictures lol, here is the list :

Paint Gelding : Cody (20yrs)
    Appy/QH Broodmare Mare: Whitefoot (21yrs)
    Bay QH Gelding: Pocos (9yrs)
    Gray QH: Phillip (10yrs)
    Male Donkey : Jackson(12 yrs)
    Molly Mule : Ella (8 mths)

I Love them all but Cody has my heart...he was my first horse and even though he is an ornery old fool I could not imagine life without him specially after the colic scare we had 2 years ago. He has taught me a lot of patience and perseverance in the saddle. And without him I would not have gotten in to rehabilitating horses.

Thanks
    That's not too many for pics...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Not the greatest photos, but here are a couple.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Winter weather has hit him pretty hard. Didn't have much time to put on some weight after weaning till the cold weather hit. Just started some round pen training with him today. He's got a long way to go, but he was picking things up pretty quick.

Losing my mare was pretty tough. I got pretty lucky having her for about 8 years. We are pretty sure she had some issues as for the last few years she would suffer seizures. She was the same as your paint, I guess she had chosen me as her 'person' because she would do almost anything for me.

Great looking horses folks, keep the pictures coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast