Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,199

1 members and 3,198 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Help!

When then they're slings you don't have to watch body language lol.

The slings can jump quickly just like a juvenile can. If a .5" sling moving quickly freaks you out then a 3" T moving quickly will make you crap your pants. Especially if its your first T and you're still iffy about them. I guess it's just a personal view on them then. A .5" sling taking off on me is like "ohhh get back here you little cutie! You're so silly!" A 3" T getting away from me is like "oh blank, where the blank are you going? Holy blank, chill the blank out psycho!"

Three inches on a ruler doesn't look big but a 3" spider is huge compared to any spiders you've ever found in your cold, clammy basement, Anna.
    Last edited by Mike41793; 10-25-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts

Re: Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    When then they're slings you don't have to watch body language lol.

The slings can jump quickly just like a juvenile can. If a .5" sling moving quickly freaks you out then a 3" T moving quickly will make you crap your pants. Especially if its your first T and you're still iffy about them. I guess it's just a personal view on them then. A .5" sling taking off on me is like "ohhh get back here you little cutie! You're so silly!" A 3" T getting away from me is like "oh blank, where the blank are you going? Holy blank, chill the blank out psycho!"

Three inches on a ruler doesn't look big but a 3" spider is huge compared to any spiders you've ever found in your cold, clammy basement, Anna.
    Lmao. This is Georgia, the wolf spiders can hit 3"!! And I wish I had more spiders in the basement to eat those terrifying camel crickets!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks

Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Annarose15 View Post
    Lmao. This is Georgia, the wolf spiders can hit 3"!! And I wish I had more spiders in the basement to eat those terrifying camel crickets!
    I'm pretty sure there aren't any wolf spiders that get to 3". This is where your concept of size is deceiving you lol. The wolf spiders you're seeing are probably an inch or so. So, triple the biggest wolf spider you've seen in your basement and thats the size of T I'm talking about. Also, add more "size" bc T's (at least the genus' that were mentioned) are more heavy bodied than wolf spiders. The fuzzyness generally makes them look bigger too.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks

Help!

Wait a minute. Are we including legs in the measurements when were talking about size here? I think i misunderstood some of you. My opinion remains unchanged though.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks

OK I was terrified of spiders. I bought a chillean rose hair to help with that. I can not let a critter go uncared for. So I just went to a reptile show. Picked one up when I did my research and Bam that's what I chose. Also for sizes draw a circle on a piece of paper to see the true size. I will also point out that it took me a long time to take her out. My ex wife did all that not going to lie when I held her for the first time I cried. (spider not the ex wife)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Wait a minute. Are we including legs in the measurements when were talking about size here? I think i misunderstood some of you. My opinion remains unchanged though.
    Spiders are normally measured with legs at a resting "normal" pose. So when measuring in inches that's total length with legs.

My argument is still just that a sling can be discouraging to a beginner. You really have to know what your doing to keep a sling alive. I know I would be disappointed if I was a beginner and my new pet passed away and I didn't really understand why. It just makes more sense to me for a beginner to get a sub adult.
    It all comes down to what the OP chooses and maybe more research is needed for them to make an informed decision.
    whatever you get just make sure your comfortable with the new pet spider and that it is getting the proper care. I look forward to seeing a post in the future from you titled my new spider!
    My name is Adriane
    Welcome to the Jungle
    1.0 Husband
    0.1 Banana Pied Ball Python
    2.0 Boston Terriers
    0.2 Buggs

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mues155 For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (10-25-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts

Help!

Yes, I was referring to the diameter of the whole spider, not just the body.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Annarose15 For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (10-25-2013)

Thanks

Help!

Quote Originally Posted by mues155 View Post
    Spiders are normally measured with legs at a resting "normal" pose. So when measuring in inches that's total length with legs.

My argument is still just that a sling can be discouraging to a beginner. You really have to know what your doing to keep a sling alive. I know I would be disappointed if I was a beginner and my new pet passed away and I didn't really understand why. It just makes more sense to me for a beginner to get a sub adult.
    It all comes down to what the OP chooses and maybe more research is needed for them to make an informed decision.
    whatever you get just make sure your comfortable with the new pet spider and that it is getting the proper care. I look forward to seeing a post in the future from you titled my new spider!
    I'm bordeline window licker and even i haven't managed to kill any brachy or grammo slings :p
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks

I'm bordeline window licker and even i haven't managed to kill any brachy or grammo slings :p
    Well you've had wonderful luck then. I know my 1/3 inch slings can be a bit of a challenge.
    My name is Adriane
    Welcome to the Jungle
    1.0 Husband
    0.1 Banana Pied Ball Python
    2.0 Boston Terriers
    0.2 Buggs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12