So... I want to maximize the use of my "rack"... which, actually, is a heavy-duty plastic shelving unit, consisting of four 2 1/2 foot shelves 18" apart (though I'll probably be cutting down the pegs since I want the top shelf to be more easily accessed... I'm short). The shelves are ventilated, with holes throughout. Currently, The shelves have a bunch of 12" x 12" THG heat tape squares. My big girl is in a 41qt long n low tub, and she has a piece all to herself that takes up one end of her tub. The others are in 15qt and are situated horizontally and splitting a square of tape.

Now.

Ideally, I'd like a 4" strip of heat tape running down each shelf, and turn the tubs (which I'd like to replace the 15qt with the MCB SS) long-wise with the width-end facing out. I need to use MCB SS because that's the size I can use to fit 3 tubs a shelf... What size would you be comfortable housing in a 8 1/16"W x 13 9/16"L x 4 5/16"H tub? Give me grams. Also, I need tubs with lids, and these have none... suggested way of coping with this? I can't find another tub with acceptable dimensions that has a lid.

But now, there's a problem. Rosca, my big girl. Obviously, she needs that 12" x 12" chunk. It's perfect for her, and a long strip of 4" down her whole tub wouldn't work. But I only have one herpstat. I do have one other thermostat- a hydrofarm, that I'll use in a pinch. But I was wondering if, I matched up the wattages for lengths of 4" with then number of watts in one 12" if it might work... since I'm assuming it's the wattages that need to match when using multiple heat tape strips. If not, I'll just give Rosca her own stat, but I'd rather not.

So. Suggestions, ideas, input, etc.