Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,432

1 members and 2,431 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,876 Times in 4,784 Posts

Re: Ambient Room Temperature for Tub?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyvea View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I plan on keeping them in my bedroom which will be a constant 73 degrees. I don't plan on breeding but I do think I'll want more than one BP. I've seen racks that can hold 5 tubs. I think 5 snakes would be my limit. Yes originally I was talking about only one tub. My biggest concern is the 73 degree ambient temperature room. So you guys think it can be done? Just want to make the BP happy and comfortable.
    Jim
    Depends on the rack and its design. Ours are all open-sided to keep them lighter weight and less expensive (we build our own) so we keep the spare bedroom they're located in fairly warm. If you use a rack that is enclosed or well insulated you may the cool side temperatures are ok. If not you can add a strip of heat tape on the cool side, controlled by it's own t-stat, and set it so that the temperature in the tubs stays around 80*F.

Thanks

I was thinking of something like this. I've heard a lot of good things about this company.

http://www.boaphileplastics.com/rhinoraxx_five_blanket_sterilite.html

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Depends on the rack and its design. Ours are all open-sided to keep them lighter weight and less expensive (we build our own) so we keep the spare bedroom they're located in fairly warm. If you use a rack that is enclosed or well insulated you may the cool side temperatures are ok. If not you can add a strip of heat tape on the cool side, controlled by it's own t-stat, and set it so that the temperature in the tubs stays around 80*F.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,876 Times in 4,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyvea View Post
    I was thinking of something like this. I've heard a lot of good things about this company.http://www.boaphileplastics.com/rhin...sterilite.html
    I have their arboreal 343A (36x24x18) enclosure that I purchased used off of CL for my male BCI. It came with some extra bells and whistles and it is a high-quality product. I have no experience with their racks but if they are built to the same standard as the enclosures it will serve very well.

Thanks
    I just received my rack from C Serpents and am sooo happy with it. Sorry I'm on my phone so I don't have a link.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

BPnet Senior Member AlexisFitzy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazymonkee View Post
    I just received my rack from C Serpents and am sooo happy with it. Sorry I'm on my phone so I don't have a link.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    I'm going to be ordering a rack from them soon! I love how they build their racks and I can't wait to get one. They also look really nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12