Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,110

2 members and 3,108 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,130
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

New to BPs, have a few, unsure of one.

I am just now getting into BPs since I haven't really had a chance to before, but don't have a lot of money, so can't afford any of the really nice ones yet. I have a few now (10), some I received for free, most others I rescued/re-homed off of Craigslist for cheap.

The one I am unsure on is this one. Its a young female normal(?), but noticed a lot of unique patterns or marker-ish type things that almost suggest something else, but again, I could be confused since I am still new to a lot of the morphs.

One on the left: http://imgur.com/a/qmDov#13
    http://imgur.com/a/qmDov#16
    http://imgur.com/a/qmDov#20
    One on the bottom: http://imgur.com/a/qmDov#21
    One on the bottom: http://imgur.com/a/qmDov#22

As for the others, I thought I would save some bandwidth and just link the gallery where I uploaded the rest. http://imgur.com/a/qmDov#0 The descriptions are what they are/what I think they are (or what I was told by the previous owners), so if you see any that are labeled incorrectly or might be, let me know. Any info or suggestions just let me know, and thanks.

Thanks

Re: New to BPs, have a few, unsure of one.

The one on the left looks normal. Very beautiful, all of them.
    1.0 LB Hypo het. Trans Bearded Dragon-Dega
    0.1 Normal Ball Python-Semira
    1.0 Pied Ball Python-Sabien
    En route: 0.1 Spotnose 100% het. Pied

Thanks
    A nice pretty banded normal. She'd make a good mama if you go that route somewhere along the line. Thanks for rescuing them!
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks
    So is banded normal just a common subcategory of normals, or is it an actual morph of sorts? I noticed on another site it listed 'Genetic Banded' (not sure if it's the same thing as on her or not) as a dominant or co-dominant trait , and another site I saw mentioned a guy who seems to have been working with banded normals for a while, and he seems to think it's an inheritable trait. http://www.ralphdavisreptiles.com/co...all_python.asp

Also, when I look at or are considering Enchis in the future, one of the main aspects I read was the notable switch in colors on the sides, from goldish to brownish, which she kind of seems to have on hers, just wasn't sure if it was noticeable enough to be considered one. I will try to take close up pics of that soon and post them to give a feel of what I am talking about.
    Last edited by Frothy; 09-28-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kat_black181 View Post
    The one on the left looks normal. Very beautiful, all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
    A nice pretty banded normal. She'd make a good mama if you go that route somewhere along the line. Thanks for rescuing them!
    Thanks for the compliments, I really like the look of them too, so I think they suckered me into the BP hobby (addiction?) quite well.

I am also glad I rescued some of them, especially one of the normal females, she's 5+ years old I think he said, and they only fed her once a month, and not sure how much or what they fed her, but she's well over five feet and weighed only 1250g after I fed her the first time (she ate two adult rats and two smaller ones, think she might have been starving). She's kind of skittish too.

Thanks
    She looks like a nice normal to me. Is the middle one a cinnamon? It kinda looks like it to me, but I'm new to morphs.
    Shelagh

1.0 Normal BP (Link)
    0.1 Pewter BP (Mara)
    1.0 Kingpin BP (Corona)

1.0 Albino Hognose (Wilbur)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shera View Post
    She looks like a nice normal to me. Is the middle one a cinnamon? It kinda looks like it to me, but I'm new to morphs.
    He's a Black Pastel (at least the breeder I bought him from said he was and another breeder confirmed it by comparing it to his Black pastel, which was the only other one I saw at the expo I bought him at). I think the light shining off of him makes him look a bit lighter in those pics (which I think Cinnamon's and Black Pastel's are really similar just one is browner while the other is black, if what I've looked up is correct anyway). He's my first ever ball python, named him Izo, and liked him so much I wanted more ball pythons.

Thanks
    Okay took a couple extra pics of her sides, and I don't mind whether she is a banded normal or enchi, just want to know what I need to look for if I look at enchi's again. When I looked up Enchi on a couple different sites and forums, the main gist I got was that it should have a goldish color on the sides, that then has a notable jump/quick fade into a darker-ish brownish color or something like that. Is that correct, or is there more to it?

I looked at a male Enchi for sale a week or two ago and will include a pic or two of him, and he was said to be an enchi, and while he has both the gold and brown, it doesn't seem that bright or different than a normal sort of (he was just under 1000g, so maybe he faded with age?). Almost looks like the pattern on mine, but her fade/color switching line/area is probably a bit lower than the male's.

Side pics of mine:

Enchi Male (~1000g):

So what are the noticable differences between these two (and good quality Enchi's) that I need to look for in the future? Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frothy View Post
    Okay took a couple extra pics of her sides, and I don't mind whether she is a banded normal or enchi, just want to know what I need to look for if I look at enchi's again. When I looked up Enchi on a couple different sites and forums, the main gist I got was that it should have a goldish color on the sides, that then has a notable jump/quick fade into a darker-ish brownish color or something like that. Is that correct, or is there more to it?

I looked at a male Enchi for sale a week or two ago and will include a pic or two of him, and he was said to be an enchi, and while he has both the gold and brown, it doesn't seem that bright or different than a normal sort of (he was just under 1000g, so maybe he faded with age?). Almost looks like the pattern on mine, but her fade/color switching line/area is probably a bit lower than the male's.

Side pics of mine:

Enchi Male (~1000g):

So what are the noticable differences between these two (and good quality Enchi's) that I need to look for in the future? Thanks.
    You can find banded normals that, when bred, don't produce any banded babies. Those are what I'd call a "banded normal". On the other hand, you have genetic banded balls. They will produce more banded babies and are usually refered to as "Genetic Banded" when I see them for sale. It's very similiar to "reduced pattern" balls. Some pass on that genetic trait and others don't.

As far as ID'ing Enchi's...kind of hard to describe but they usually have a kind of milky, peachy tint to them and don't have the deep, dark blacks of normals. I've only hatched a couple clutches of Enchis but they were very easy to tell from the normals when you see the entire clutch together...

Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:

Frothy (09-29-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts
    Here's the Sire of all the babies above...

Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast