Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,337

4 members and 3,333 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Re: Slipt from Scaleless BP - Feeding Live Debate

Quote Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    B.O.S is a clueless newb. I'd take what he says with a grain of salt...
    This ^^^^^ And here we go again with another of his threads. This kid is clueless, and obviously starved for attention. I think I might finally actually use the ignore button, because I honestly can't read anymore of this stupid nonsense that comes from him.

But what is sad, is like what kat said. Some clueless new person, who wants to learn things might happen upon his babble. For those people-

My balls all eat live and they are just fine. Live is perfectly fine when done responsibly. Like anything, done responsibly. Just like you dont drive down the road drunk, you dont leave a rat alone with a snake and walk away for hours. F/T carries its own set of risks, and many balls will not take them.

But I guess you're right, the balls in Africa have no clue what they are doing, someone should kill their rats for them.
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DooLittle For This Useful Post:

Crazymonkee (09-28-2013),West Coast Jungle (09-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive hobby View Post
    Didn't have the materials? The edge of any table works fine. Equate it to a giant as tall as a sky scraper picking you up and banging you on the edge of a skyscraper. You're gonna die quick, like instantly.

Why don people think you need a Co2 chamber, or pithing kit to kill a rodent humanely? Because it seems more barbaric slamming them into the edge of a table? Or hitting them in the head with a hard screwdriver handle? It's not any les humane trust me.

Sent From an Enclosure
    B.O.S can disregard all that and just annoy them to death...although I'm not sure that's any more humane...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:

DooLittle (09-28-2013),Expensive hobby (09-28-2013),Shann (09-28-2013)

Thanks
    That Ignore button is becoming handier and handier as the months wear on, I'm tellin' ya.
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive hobby View Post
    Didn't have the materials? The edge of any table works fine. Equate it to a giant as tall as a sky scraper picking you up and banging you on the edge of a skyscraper. You're gonna die quick, like instantly.

Why don people think you need a Co2 chamber, or pithing kit to kill a rodent humanely? Because it seems more barbaric slamming them into the edge of a table? Or hitting them in the head with a hard screwdriver handle? It's not any les humane trust me.
    WOW I don't even know what to say about this. Fact is, banging a rat into a table or wall just as frequently ticks them off or breaks their back and leaves them alive and in agony as it does kill them. Cervical dislocation or CO2 asphyxiation are both humane methods of euthanizing rats. You, as a human being who has the ability to rationalize about what you're doing to another living being that is at your mercy, have the obligation to make sure you're humanely killing your feeder animals, instead of subjecting them to unnecessary pain.
    Black Pewter het Hypo Vestris; Black Pastel Enchi Zamira; Black Pastel Cheryn; Hypo Enchi Sofia; Lesser Pastel Eren; Super Mojave ???; Piebald Mako; Fire Vin; Pastel Estelle; Spider Hanji, Ezri; Normal Angelina, John, Aradia; Mojave Joe; Anerythreustic Kenyan Sand Boa ???; German Shepherd Dog Atticus; Rats Snowman, Colette, Calliope, Eliza, ???, ???

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Inarikins For This Useful Post:

Crazymonkee (09-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B.O.S Reptiles View Post
    Feeding live is a stupid idea for any snakes
    Pretty sure every time my snake eats their food it is dead. Doesn't mean at some point it was alive a minute or so before they swallowed it.

What a terribly biased and uneducated statement. As others have said, some snakes need to be given live prey. Seems like wherever there's controversy around here these days, the OP is usually stirring the pot.
    My Critters:
    Balls:
    0.1 Pastel "Bellatrix"
    1.0 Pewter "Brian"
    0.1 Bumblebee "Betty"
    1.0 Ghost Mojave "Javier"
    0.1 Mojave het Ghost "Rogue"

Mammals:
    1/2.0 Cat "Magellan"

Other Reptiles:
    1.0 100% het albino Hognose
    0.1 Fire Tiger Bearded Dragon "Cake"
    0.0.1 Sulcata "Boss/Bossie"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B.O.S Reptiles View Post

Yes! Finally you get it...
    That was totally uncalled for. You are showing your ignorance in spades. That on top of being a know it all child.

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Tapatalk 2

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

Archimedes (09-28-2013),cory9oh4 (09-28-2013),Crazymonkee (09-28-2013),DooLittle (09-28-2013),kat_black181 (09-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    That was totally uncalled for. You are showing your ignorance in spades. That on top of being a know it all child.

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Tapatalk 2
    I honestly believe this is the ONLY attention he knows how to get.

It's sad.
    1.0 LB Hypo het. Trans Bearded Dragon-Dega
    0.1 Normal Ball Python-Semira
    1.0 Pied Ball Python-Sabien
    En route: 0.1 Spotnose 100% het. Pied

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kat_black181 For This Useful Post:

Crazymonkee (09-28-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inarikins View Post
    WOW I don't even know what to say about this. Fact is, banging a rat into a table or wall just as frequently ticks them off or breaks their back and leaves them alive and in agony as it does kill them. Cervical dislocation or CO2 asphyxiation are both humane methods of euthanizing rats. You, as a human being who has the ability to rationalize about what you're doing to another living being that is at your mercy, have the obligation to make sure you're humanely killing your feeder animals, instead of subjecting them to unnecessary pain.
    When I euthanize them, and they go limp instantly, and never move again, shows me that I did it right. Quick and painless. I'm not a big fan of p/k or killing rats if I don't have to, and only do it for one of my snakes that has a nasty habit of biting in the wrong spot and getting bit.

I have 4 pet rats that we frequently handle and play with, and care for just like any pet. But when the time come to kill a feeder, it doesn't get any quicker than instant. I make sure I do it hard enough to not have to take a second crack at it.

Like I said it seems barbaric, but that's because it is. It's brutal. But it gets the job done quickly. I don't necessarily like doing it, but it's a necessary evil sometimes.

So in reply to your post: there is no unnecessary pain, because there is no pain at all.

Sent From an Enclosure
    Ball pythons:
    -0.1 Normal (Lilith)
    -1.0 Dark Normal
    -0.1 Light Normal
    -0.1 Pastel
    -1.0 Lesser

Retics:
    -0.1 Platinum
    -1.1 Fire Tiger Het Albino
    -1.0 Purple Sunfire
    -1.0 Tiger
    -0.1 Lavender Tiger
    -1.0 Motley Het Purple

Boas:
    -0.1 Hypo BCI
    -1.0 Hypo BCI (Hades)
    -1.0 EBV Red Group Hypo Pastel BCI (Ares)
    -0.1 Normal BCI (Isis)
    -0.1 Anery BCI (Medusa)
    -0.1 Normal BCI (Hera)
    -0.1 Normal BCI (Athena)

Blood Pythons:
    -1.1 VPI Super Stripe Mead Line Borneo Ultra Breit

Epicrates Striatus Striatus
    -1.1 Dominican Red Mountain Boa

Burmese Pythons:
    -1.1 Albino Burmese

Anacondas:
    -0.2 Yellow Anaconda
    -1.0 Yellow Anaconda

Thanks
    I guess more people than I realized don't practice responsibility in feeding their pets. Who knew.

This thread is making me really sad.
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks
    There's no pain at all with CO2 asphyxiation. You start them off slow, they pass out without being scared, then they're dead. You think being stuffed in a dark bag and being swung around and then being slammed into a wall is any less painless?

Fact remains that CO2 is approved by vet associations for being one of the only ways (cervical dislocation being another) to humanely euthanize a rat in the home.

This really isn't a hard concept to grasp, that CO2 is humane, and being slammed into the edge of a table is not.
    Black Pewter het Hypo Vestris; Black Pastel Enchi Zamira; Black Pastel Cheryn; Hypo Enchi Sofia; Lesser Pastel Eren; Super Mojave ???; Piebald Mako; Fire Vin; Pastel Estelle; Spider Hanji, Ezri; Normal Angelina, John, Aradia; Mojave Joe; Anerythreustic Kenyan Sand Boa ???; German Shepherd Dog Atticus; Rats Snowman, Colette, Calliope, Eliza, ???, ???

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Inarikins For This Useful Post:

Crazymonkee (09-28-2013)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast