Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,464

1 members and 3,463 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: 850 snakes found at New York animal control officer's house

Quote Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    Too disabled to work but he can care for 850 reptiles? Okay...
    Do you know what his disability is? NO so why are you so quick to judge? I know a girl who is disability because she's dyslexic, but if she wanted to she could breed/sell snakes. Now while I don't know how that would affect her disability, she still can't get a regular job because of her being dyslexic. So don't be so quick to judge somebody.

Now while he was probably more then capable of working, he wanted extra cash on the side and it's pretty crappy that he even had illegal animals when he should of known better.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks
    In Germany we have no illegal animals, but there are minimum requirements for keeping certain animals.

For ball python breeding it means that for adult BPs, you need modular/stacked terrariums. No tubs. Two hides. Lots of volume per enclosure.

But at least in Germany, everyone can keep anything, no species is banned. You only need enough knowledge, time, space, and money, and you can keep anything. if you have enough knowledge to keep elephants, and enough time to set it up properly, and the many acres it needs to work, and the financial stability to keep it running, then you can keep a herd of elephants in Germany, no problem.

No species is banned, its just that many species (including ball pythons) are regulated and you need to meet requirements. With enough time and money, there is no limit, and one guy here keeps 12 albino lions and breeds them. No problem if his husbandry is excellent.

Thanks
    Well, my good friend is disabled from PTSD and servere anxiety and she gets paid from disability but she still qualifies to work a certain amount of hours doing certain thing approved by the state and breeding her dogs and snakes is one of those "jobs" she can get side money from since disability does not pay that much to survive. So he could legally be disabled and breed snakes.

Anyway, I am so sick of CNN reporting about snakes everyday. First it was the 40 snakes in a motel, then a snake in a beer case, then a snake at a Starbucks and a snake it someones car. Now its this. They have nothing better to do.. Next time I find a spider on my ceiling I will be sure to call CNN to make a news headline about it. Shouldnt they be reporting important things that go on like crimes or politics? Seriously missing person cases do not get the headlines that a snake in a Starbucks toilet gets.

Thanks

Hundreds of snakes found at N.Y. man's home

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...n.y-mans-home/

This is kinda old. But, I just found it and wanted to share it.

People in the news should really do research before they post this stuff... I'm no expert. But, I believe Burms only grow to about 20 ft depending on how you keep it. News always seems to cover only the negative sides of reptiles.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    News is definitely negative, especially when it comes to animals in general.

Which headline sounds more interesting?
    "Dozens of giant man-eating python found in suburban house"
    "Happy pythons kept in organized cages found in suburban house"
    0.1 Butter
    0.2 Pastel
    0.1 Cinnamon
    0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Cinnamon Mystic
    0.4 Black Pewter
    0.1 Lemonblast
    0.1 Black Pastel Pinstripe
    1.0 Super Pastel
    1.0 Coral Glow
    1.0 Coral Glow Mojave

Coming soon:
    1.0 Super Emperor

Thanks
    I also enjoy how the liken the fact he kept Burms to the deaths of two boys in New Brunswick by an African Rock Python. Burms and African Rocks come from two different continents, but they are pretty much the same snake, right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kensa View Post
    I also enjoy how the liken the fact he kept Burms to the deaths of two boys in New Brunswick by an African Rock Python. Burms and African Rocks come from two different continents, but they are pretty much the same snake, right?
    From what I know. African Rock Pythons are alot more aggressive

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Do you know what his disability is? NO so why are you so quick to judge? I know a girl who is disability because she's dyslexic, but if she wanted to she could breed/sell snakes. Now while I don't know how that would affect her disability, she still can't get a regular job because of her being dyslexic. So don't be so quick to judge somebody.

Now while he was probably more then capable of working, he wanted extra cash on the side and it's pretty crappy that he even had illegal animals when he should of known better.
    lol...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12