Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,254

0 members and 3,254 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unexpexted

Thanks

Re: Unexpexted

Welcome to our community, like others have said sorry to have you join on such a loss. 11 years is a long time for a a BP and it seems like he had a good home and was rescued by some lucky people.

Definitely don't house Balls together, they aren't social animals. In the wild they find a hole crawl in it and pretty much stay in it by them selves...until mating. Hopefully your female stays strong and healthy. Just make sure that tank was scrubbed down with dawn, warm water, and then bleached and rinsed off again.
    -Brian-

Thanks

She is out and about right now roaming the tank, she seems to be getting back to normal. I just miss how they used to lay together and drink together. They were never aggressive with one another and got along just fine, I just worry about her sheds now because of what happened with Kah. My fiance still hasn't come to terms with it and won't even look at the tank anymore because it is such a big tank and it looks so empty now without both of them in there. She seems to be fine and ate and didn't get sick her shed is the only think I'm worrying about at this time but I'll just ave to wait and see. My fiance said no more reptiles after this, he's done and doesn't want to go through this again and I can't blame him I don't either.

Thanks
    I'm SO SO sorry. This is truly heartbreaking and must be so hard on you. Like previously mentioned I'll just keep an eye on your girl and see how she is health wise. My heart goes out to you and your fiance.

Banned
    Thanks

If you are having problems with sheds the. Your humidity is to low and should be bumped up

Sent from my A521L using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frostysBP View Post
    If you are having problems with sheds the. Your humidity is to low and should be bumped up

I think you may have missed something in the OP? They had him for 11 years, and only recently had his sheds been bad (which may have been indicative of his later problems and death.) This doesn't seem to be a simple husbandry issue, and a bad shed or two would not have been a cause of death on their own.

OP, I'm sorry for your loss. Your female may be a bit more nervous or on-edge if you rearranged her cage furniture; she should settled down as she gets used to it. You may want to consider getting a fecal test done to ensure she is healthy and doesn't need dewormer, if worms were suspected in the male's case. It was good of you guys to take them in and care for them. They lived much longer than they would have without intervention, and I wish you many more happy years together - with each other and your female.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frostysBP View Post

This was for a different thread...not to the op...dont know how it got here...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to frostysBP For This Useful Post:

Chkadii (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    That is a very touching story. When humans learn to love an animal it opens something in their soul. To love a reptile has a touch more magic to it. Let your fiance know it's ok to mourn, cry, grieve. And after that consider another snake, separate housing this time. It takes time. Thanks to him for rescuing those two snakes and thanks to you for keeping their environment clean. Best of luck to Set, to adjust to the loss of her friend Kha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12