Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,325

3 members and 3,322 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

A few snaps of my babies....

Hi, all.

Had some spare time to take some junk pics of my babies. Thought I'd share, since I have time to kill.

First is my Bee. Got her from Garrick Demeyer, and she's a stuner with nice high-white sides and a fair bit of yellow, still. She's a picky eater, but I'm working with her. Currently pushing just under 400 grams, and a doll-baby to handle:

Next is my Desert Mojave boy. He will NOT sit still, so I only got one semi-decent shot of him. Another G. Demeyer pick-up, and a gorgeous one, at that. He was nippy as all get out when he arrived, but has since turned into a puppy dog who LOVES feeding day. Tipping the scales at 350 grams, as of yesterday.

Thanks

Re: A few snaps of my babies....

Next up is my Pied boy. I got him from Jesse Haven down in Florida, and this dude is a beast of an eater. As gentle as they come, and VERY lazy. He's a mid-2012 boy, and weighs in at 900 grams. I HAD to have him when Jesse sent me photos...and a video...and weekly updates on his progress while he was holding him for me until my return from Afghanistan. I love this guy!!!

And then there's my Desert Enchi girl. Her name is 'Infertile Myrtle.' I bought her because I love the desert gene, and have no intention to breed my snakes...so a nice quality female fit my budget beautifully. Another J. Haven pick-up, this girl is a chow hound, and loves to watch TV (no....really). She's weighing in at 850 grams, and is due for dinner today.

Thanks

My last ball python is a Petco normal boy. I 'rescued' him from a tank that held 6 animals. I know....I know....I fed the corporate demon. I felt bad for all of them, so I picked the one that seemed to need the most help. He was very skinny, and had an incomplete shed stuck on his head and back. I took him home the day I saw him, and he has had two perfect sheds and a meal every 4 days since then. He's up to 135 grams now, and looks like he's ready for meal time again. He's a pig!

Then there are my two corns.

My Amel - Cappy - is two years old and a sweetie. He just doesn't want to eat anything larger than a small mouse, so he's a slow grower. I've tried every trick I could find to get him moved up (or over to rats)...but the force is strong in this one. He wants what he wants, and that's the end of it. I love this guy.

And then there is Kona (hence my screen name). She's a Miami Phase, and the one that started it all for me (again). I was raised in the south, and caught critters all the time...inclusive of any colubrid I could get my hands on. When I got old enough, my parents allowed me to have a snake as a pet. It was a Miami Phase corn. I had him for 4 years before he passed away...and when he died, so did my desire to keep reptiles, anymore. Cut to - 25 years later, I'm back in the game, and the first snake I picked up was Kona. I fell in love all over again, and she got me jump started into the hobby. She's about 4 feet long, eats like clockwork, and has a bad habit of crawling into my shirt collar EVERY time she's out. Hey....it's her thing!

Thanks

I have one more enclosure to fill in my 8-condo vivarium, and I'm torn on which direction to go. I do love BPs, but since I already have 5, I'm not opposed to going a different route.

That said, there are SO many BP morphs out there that would fit nicely into my small collection. I've toyed around with Albinos, Clowns, Pewters, Pinstripes, Calicos, Black Pastels, and so on and so on. If I DID get another BP, I'd want one that is totally different from what I already have.

Anybody have a spare Banana they don't want?? WHat about a Sunset?? Perhaps one of each?

I'm also interested in Tarahumara Boas. Love the size, look, and relative ease of care. That's something that would be totally different than everything else I own.

I also love Kings, Milks, Corns, and just about every other snake on the planet.

Decisions, decisions.....

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

You have some right beauties there.

The bee especially.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries
    All very nice snakes, and I definitely like the bee as well.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks
    I love that pied!

Thanks
    Sweet collection !

Thanks
    gorgeous