Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,032

1 members and 2,031 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Thread: I am not a rat!

Thanks

I am not a rat!

Or, 'what are you doing you stupid snake?!'

She has such a great feeding response, it's nuts. I get a rat anywhere near the room she's in and she's instantly ready to strike. Now if only Cheryn or Vestris had a feeding response like this...

And no, the tub's never pulled that far out, or all the hides removed like that. I took them out so you could see the rat in the back better and I was changing out her water at the same time. She finally turned around and went 'oh, there's the rat', then proceeded to catch it in the laziest coil I've ever seen - just once around the front legs, the back legs were free to kick and boy did the rat kick.
    Black Pewter het Hypo Vestris; Black Pastel Enchi Zamira; Black Pastel Cheryn; Hypo Enchi Sofia; Lesser Pastel Eren; Super Mojave ???; Piebald Mako; Fire Vin; Pastel Estelle; Spider Hanji, Ezri; Normal Angelina, John, Aradia; Mojave Joe; Anerythreustic Kenyan Sand Boa ???; German Shepherd Dog Atticus; Rats Snowman, Colette, Calliope, Eliza, ???, ???

Thanks

Re: I am not a rat!

lol....

My lesser momma is like that... She literally jumps out of her feeding tub way before the rat is close to her... NOW her lil baby girl is doing the same........
    1.0 Normal (Dre)
    0.1 Lesser (Akia)
    1.0 Super Hypo Boa (Ace)
    1.0 Mojave (Mojo Jojo)

3.0 Meow Meows (Gordo, Expo and Buddy)
    0.3 Meow Meows (Dustee, Typsy and Sweetness)
    1.0 Bow Wow (Kajn)

BPnet Veteran HighVoltageRoyals's Avatar
    Thanks
    You think that's dumb? Last week, my lesser bit himself and started constricting HIMSELF. Yyyyyeeeaahhh. He's a....a little slow. The mouse that I had given him appeared to be amused. =_=
    7.6 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Argentine B&W Tegu

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." -Picasso

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: I am not a rat!

I've got 2 AP cages stacked on top of each other, and one of my snakes is always out of her hide and ready to strike the SECOND she hears the key hit the lock on the cage above her.

They're both young and not quite acclimated to handling, so it's gotten to the point that I need to pacify her when I do anything in the cage. Last time I wanted to pet her I made sure to wash the hell out of my hands so they'd smell soapy, and then I opened up her cage and sort of slowly moved my hands in with my face directly in her line of sight, the whole time breathing heavily at her so she'd smell me her and repeating, "See? I'm not a rat. If I was I'd be HUGE." Eventually she relaxes and I can pet her a little.
    Last edited by dkspftw; 08-16-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks
    Luckily Angelina only does it when there's a rat nearby. She's a big girl and I have absolutely no desire to get nailed by her, because she would coil my arm for sure. She'll come right out of her tub at my face. If I let her, she would eat every single day.
    Black Pewter het Hypo Vestris; Black Pastel Enchi Zamira; Black Pastel Cheryn; Hypo Enchi Sofia; Lesser Pastel Eren; Super Mojave ???; Piebald Mako; Fire Vin; Pastel Estelle; Spider Hanji, Ezri; Normal Angelina, John, Aradia; Mojave Joe; Anerythreustic Kenyan Sand Boa ???; German Shepherd Dog Atticus; Rats Snowman, Colette, Calliope, Eliza, ???, ???

Thanks
    Always nice to see a ball python with a great feeding response

Registered User jasonmcgilvrey83's Avatar
    Thanks
    My boys wait for my by the glass every friday mornong waiting for food. As soon as i drop the rat in it gets snached up. Somerimes as soon as i open lid he strikes.