Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,202

5 members and 3,197 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Meet our newest addition! Puppy rescue <3

Well, I was at work this afternoon having my lunch & stumbled across a facebook post from one of my co-workers asking if anyone wanted a 3 month old Mastiff/Boxer cross or she'd be going to the SPCA. She'd have kept her but they already have 4 dogs.

Anyway, not really having too much interest, I asked about the pooch and why she all of a sudden came into possession of a puppy.

Turns out, her niece had purchased the puppy for her two daughters about a month ago. Then 6 days ago, this niece called her mom, told her she was leaving her 2 daughters with her & she was taking off. Gone. Moved away with a boyfriend. Her mom had no idea she had gotten a puppy.

Fast forward to today, the niece calls her mom again (from JAIL) saying "oh yeah, I have a puppy in my basement."

Needless to say, my heart broke. Poor thing hasn't had much food and very little water (just from the toilet) for almost a week. I caved, talked to my spouse & picked this gorgeous girl up today as soon as I was off work. I grabbed her a bunch of chew toys, some special puppy food, leash, collar etc. brought her home, filled up her tummy, gave her a bath and lots of love and she's now laying peacefully with us in bed. I couldn't bring myself to put her in a kennel downstairs.

We ventured to this little lake near us today and she did SO well considering she's been so isolated. Didn't run off, or even more than a few prances ahead of us. She just latched onto us like glue & I love her already.

She's very malnourished. You can see her ribs I'm hoping the worst of her suffering is over. I don't know if she's had her shots or been dewormed, unfortunately. I'll be taking her to get a full check up tomorrow just to make sure she's okay.

SHE NEEDS A NAME!!! Here's our gorgeous girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    7.6 Ball Pythons
    0.1 Dumerils Boa
    0.0.1 Hognose
    1.0 Crested Gecko
    Gargoyle Gecko
    0.1 Boxer-PitBull
    0.1 Pug-Poodle
    0.1 Lionhead Rabbit
    1.0 Boyfriend

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M&NSnakeDen For This Useful Post:

DestinyLynette (08-12-2013),PitOnTheProwl (08-12-2013)

Thanks
    Aww poor girl! Glad she ended up with a new loving family

I'm no good with names but I'd call her Dusty
    Brittany Davis
    0.1 Snow BCI- Isis
    1.0 Hypo Motley het Albino BCI- Rupert

Ball pythons
    1.0 Champagne, 1.0 Albino Spider, 1.0 Savannah, 0.2 Normal, 0.1 Het Toffee, 0.1 Black Butter,
    0.1 Spider, 0.2 Pastel, 0.1 Enchi, 0.1 Albino

Thanks
    She is so adorable! Good on you & your friend for saving her life. Why is it that people that don't know how to properly care for themselves can still own an life or make one? Sad story with a cool ending.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Adorable puppy and I know this may be somewhat common, or may not be but I say call her Artemis. The Greek God of Wilderness and what not because she survived and fought to hold on to her life.
    Last edited by Neal; 08-12-2013 at 07:50 AM.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks
    She is so beautiful! Athena would work well too, I think. She's a fighter, but quiet and gentle.

Sent from my warm hide
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Meet our newest addition! Puppy rescue <3

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
    She is so beautiful! Athena would work well too, I think. She's a fighter, but quiet and gentle.

Sent from my warm hide
    LOL I actually put Athena at first on accident, but then I realized it and had to edit my post.

BTW, my friends dog is named Archimedes, what is it from?
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

Re: Meet our newest addition! Puppy rescue <3

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    LOL I actually put Athena at first on accident, but then I realized it and had to edit my post.

BTW, my friends dog is named Archimedes, what is it from?
    He was a Greek scientist and mathematician in the 200s BCE. He's pretty mysterious but he'd figured out things like static, the functions of levers and pulley systems, and a lot of mathematical jargon still used today.

Sent from my warm hide
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks
    not much with names (as I use anime refence on my snake (irks my loving wife) but I say she lucky and has a beautiful looking coat.

6 days ago, this niece called her mom, told her she was leaving her 2 daughters with her & she was taking off. Gone. Moved away with a boyfriend. Her mom had no idea she had gotten a puppy.

Fast forward to today, the niece calls her mom again (from JAIL) saying "oh yeah, I have a puppy in my basement."
    this shows me as a person that should be prevented from having any more kids. But the kids' mother grand mom should get full custody of the kids. Based on the info provided .
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

Thanks

Thats awesome! Really kind.
    1.0 butter
    0.1 spider
    0.1 pastel
    0.1 normal

Thanks

I can't stand people who do stuff like that! So happy the little girl found a good home with you. She looks like an Annie to me.

I rescued a bulldog from a crappy situation kind of like this. He was 32 lbs when we got him. Nothing but skin and bones. Now he's 65 lbs and you'd never know he was abused or mistreated, except for the cloudy eye he has from getting beaten. He's my little love.

People can be pretty crappy, it's always awesome seeing happy endings like this. Enjoy your little girl

Here's my guy spoiled rotten, but he deserves it!
    Casey Schneider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast