Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,304

1 members and 3,303 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Question about enclosure size.

Hi, I'm new here, and I will get around to a proper introduction, but I'm in the process of getting my first BP, and I found someone selling a couple of exo terra terrariums online, and I was wondering if the bigger of the 2 would work for a full grown BP. It is 24"L x 18"W x 18"H. The floor area is 432" squared, which is the same as a 36"L x 12"W tank (and I was under the impression that that was the right size for an adult??). Would the 24"L exo terra work, or do they need more room to be able to stretch out? She is also including a smaller one that would probably be perfect for a baby BP, they both have UTHs and she is including a bunch of accessories for $120, so I kinda want to jump on it if it would work, but if not I guess I have to keep looking. I'm picky about doing things right. Thanks for the help!

Thanks
    It's fine for a baby but you might want to go bigger when it gets to about 3ft. BP's do not like nor do they need a lot of space. Even that 24" exo you are going to want to clutter it up a bit to help make a baby bp feel more secure. Also make sure you get a thermostat for the UTH as they can get upwards of 130 degrees which can and will cook your snake.

They say you can house a bp for it's entire life in a 20g long tank..seems a little small when they get to fullsize but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMissy For This Useful Post:

Shera (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Ok, i just thought I'd mention that this is a moot point now because I've found a BP to buy (it's more of an adoption since the guy is pretty desperate and was going away to college) so I have the tank and everything (no UTH though, so I'm going to have to buy one and a thermostat). This enclosure is roughly 31"L X 19"W, so unless she really gets big, it should probably be adequate eh? I'm excited, I pick her up tomorrow!

Thanks
    That's a good sized tank for her. Females get bigger than males but you should be good for some time. Grats on the pick up, don't forget to post pics!!!
    Last edited by MsMissy; 08-06-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks

Re: Question about enclosure size.

Thanks, and yes I will definitely post pics!