Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,306

1 members and 3,305 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

100% het Genetic Stripe

So I got this girl last year at a reptile show with a male genetic stripe. When I got her, she was just a pretty normal looking girl. Now that she's pushing 800g, she has brighten up immensely! I keep thinking she might be something other than just a bright normal. The people I bought her from are never at shows or selling snakes anymore for that matter. At first I thought she was a YB, but she doesn't have the blushing or belly. Then I thought maybe a low grade pastel, but again, not a lot of blushing, or the head blushing. The maybe a fire, but again, she doesn't really match the typical fires. So, she's just a pretty het genetic stripe, till proven otherwise.

Anyone else have a het genetic stripe for comparison?

Here she is.

This pic is a few months old.

Here is a pastel, then her, and a normal taken today with my phone.

And a head shot

Let me know what you guys think. She's messing with my head!

-Kristen
    My Balls- Boys- Super Chocolate, Butter Enchi Ghost, Lemonblast, Mojave Sable ph hypo, Genetic Stripe, 2 66% Het Pieds, Bumblebee, Clown, Normal
    Girls- 18 Normals (Het Hypo, Albino, Genetic Stripe, Pied, Caramel), 2 Lemonblasts, Sable ph hypo, Sable ph VPI, Pastave, Mystic, Enchi, Vanilla, 2 Cinnys, Bumblebee, 2 YB, 2 Spiders (1 het hypo), Lesser het hypo, 2 Pastels, Mojave ph hypo, Super Pastel, Superfly, Pinstripe, Spotnose ph VPI, and Albino.

My Boas- 1. Hypo het albino (Pierre'), .3 Anery het Albino (Avery, Ariel, Punky Bruster), 1.1 DH Snow (Jazmine, Sebastian), .1 het Albino (Cookie) 1.1 Sunglows

My Carpets- 1.2 JCP, .1 Tiger

My Rosies- .1 Dome Rock (Ella, the one who started it all), .1 Albino Whitewater (Teeny), and 1. Otay Lake Unicolor (Cash)

Thanks

Re: 100% het Genetic Stripe

Just a normal. They come in all sizes, shapes, and color variations from really dark to really light and from really reduced patterned to really busy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Some "recessive" traits will still show very slightly, I have heard g-stripes were one of them, but I don't know the specifics.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

dart (08-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you didn't buy her as a het genetic stripe, the statement should be - for now she's a pretty normal until proven otherwise.

You can't just assign genetics to her. And if you purchased her years ago, I doubt the breeder would have sold her at "normal" pricing, when 100% hets were still commanding a lot of money - especially het genetic stripes.

She is very pretty!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

dart (08-04-2013)

Thanks
    I have 1.1 het genetic stripe, unproven, but they are both really nice looking normals. Both are very light in color.

Here's some pics;

The male, at 942grams;

And the female, she's at 1928grams;

On her clutch this year, she laid 7 slugs so didn't prove them out this year..
    It's all about genetics ..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Genetics For This Useful Post:

dart (08-04-2013)

Thanks

I bought a pair. Her as 100% het genetic stripe, and a male genetic stripe.

Sorry if that was confusing. I wouldn't just assume since she's a bright color that she has a recessive trait in her.
    My Balls- Boys- Super Chocolate, Butter Enchi Ghost, Lemonblast, Mojave Sable ph hypo, Genetic Stripe, 2 66% Het Pieds, Bumblebee, Clown, Normal
    Girls- 18 Normals (Het Hypo, Albino, Genetic Stripe, Pied, Caramel), 2 Lemonblasts, Sable ph hypo, Sable ph VPI, Pastave, Mystic, Enchi, Vanilla, 2 Cinnys, Bumblebee, 2 YB, 2 Spiders (1 het hypo), Lesser het hypo, 2 Pastels, Mojave ph hypo, Super Pastel, Superfly, Pinstripe, Spotnose ph VPI, and Albino.

My Boas- 1. Hypo het albino (Pierre'), .3 Anery het Albino (Avery, Ariel, Punky Bruster), 1.1 DH Snow (Jazmine, Sebastian), .1 het Albino (Cookie) 1.1 Sunglows

My Carpets- 1.2 JCP, .1 Tiger

My Rosies- .1 Dome Rock (Ella, the one who started it all), .1 Albino Whitewater (Teeny), and 1. Otay Lake Unicolor (Cash)