Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,365

3 members and 3,362 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 615 Posts

Dreams of breeding ball pythons? Kiss them goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I sent in all the letters, posted it on facebook, and on a game I'm on. So far, the response on the game is "They're not going to ban pets".
    i've been getting the same thing, especially when i try n tell people they're wanting to ban all amphibians, so no more pet frogs. :/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Dreams of breeding ball pythons? Kiss them goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSnakeGeek View Post
    i've been getting the same thing, especially when i try n tell people they're wanting to ban all amphibians, so no more pet frogs. :/
    Actually amphibians are far more likely to make their ban list than a lot of animals in an attempt to halt chytridiomycosis. Not that doing so would actually help, but they'll use it as an excuse.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Actually amphibians are far more likely to make their ban list than a lot of animals in an attempt to halt chytridiomycosis. Not that doing so would actually help, but they'll use it as an excuse.
    just like reptiles are creating a salmonella epidemic? should we ban eggs in the grocery stores too? people get salmonella from them much more than our scaly friends.

Thanks

just like reptiles are creating a salmonella epidemic? should we ban eggs in the grocery stores too? people get salmonella from them much more than our scaly friends.
    Or raw chicken. Let's ban that in case you cross contaminate or don't wash your hands...
    I feel like we have less of a government and more of authoritarian baby-sitters.
    ​Females
    0.1 wildtypes [Rosca]
    0.1 pastave [Persephone]
    0.1 mutt redtail boa [Serendipity]
    0.1 false water cobra [Artemis]
    0.1 white lipped python [Pandora]
    0.1 super tiger retic [Callie]
    0.1 leopard gecko [Adelita]
    0.1 diamond dove [Pidgey]
    0.1 hairless dumbo rat [Scarlett No Haira]
    0.2 dumbo rex rat, fancy rat [Fern, Harley Quinn]
    0.1 gerbil [Katrina]
    0.1 mouse [Snow White]
    0.1 cat + kittens [Mama Cat]
    0.1 African Dwarf Frog [Zelda]

?? molly fish
    Males
    1.0 fiancee [Patrick]
    1.0 Argentine b&w tegu [Emrys]
    1.0 hypo red bearded dragon [Zammy]
    1.0 bumblebee [Zerok]
    1.0 albino king snake [Dumbledore]
    1.0 diamond dove [Julius]
    1.0 dumbo rat [Ratrick Stewart]
    1.0 gerbil [Sven]
    1.0 betta fish [Casanova]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DestinyLynette For This Useful Post:

Parysa (07-30-2013)

Thanks

the gov doesn't want the best for us. they let Obama stand up there and lie to millions of people while bombing innocent children in other countries. 9/11 was our own gov, idk why people still care about a signature on a piece of paper. we are still going to find a way to have the animals we love

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I've managed to convince a few people who really dislike snakes to comment, simply because they see the problem with a government agency asking for the ability to do something without restriction or oversight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Sadly enough, this is only one of many things our gov thinks they can do without restriction or oversight. GMOs, drones, project mockingbird, operation earnest voice, chemtrails, marshal law, etc. The sooner everyone realizes money isn't what makes the world go round, the better. Animals keep me closest to nature, I will never give mine up for a rich butthole who wants us more suppressed!
    Last edited by alykoz; 07-28-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks

I've had several that agree with the proposed rule change. One refused because it wasn't being covered by unbiased sources.

1.0 Western Slender Glass Lizard; Logos
    0.1 Charcoal Cornsnake; Morana
    1.0 Golden Gecko; Smoothie
    1.1 African Plated Lizard; Cypher and Nara

Thanks
    I typed out a personal letter. How many do I print out, who do I send it to? I know my congressman and state representative... any one else?
    ​Females
    0.1 wildtypes [Rosca]
    0.1 pastave [Persephone]
    0.1 mutt redtail boa [Serendipity]
    0.1 false water cobra [Artemis]
    0.1 white lipped python [Pandora]
    0.1 super tiger retic [Callie]
    0.1 leopard gecko [Adelita]
    0.1 diamond dove [Pidgey]
    0.1 hairless dumbo rat [Scarlett No Haira]
    0.2 dumbo rex rat, fancy rat [Fern, Harley Quinn]
    0.1 gerbil [Katrina]
    0.1 mouse [Snow White]
    0.1 cat + kittens [Mama Cat]
    0.1 African Dwarf Frog [Zelda]

?? molly fish
    Males
    1.0 fiancee [Patrick]
    1.0 Argentine b&w tegu [Emrys]
    1.0 hypo red bearded dragon [Zammy]
    1.0 bumblebee [Zerok]
    1.0 albino king snake [Dumbledore]
    1.0 diamond dove [Julius]
    1.0 dumbo rat [Ratrick Stewart]
    1.0 gerbil [Sven]
    1.0 betta fish [Casanova]

BPnet Senior Member Bluebonnet Herp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I sent in all the letters, posted it on facebook, and on a game I'm on. So far, the response on the game is "They're not going to ban pets".
    My mom told me the same thing and started lecturing me about. I cut the crap though and forced her comment anyway lololo

Quote Originally Posted by alykoz View Post
    the gov doesn't want the best for us. they let Obama stand up there and lie to millions of people while bombing innocent children in other countries. 9/11 was our own gov, idk why people still care about a signature on a piece of paper. we are still going to find a way to have the animals we love
    9/11 was caused by terrorism; however, the same terrorist who did it were released from federal prison several years earlier. In essence, the government, courtesy of Pres. Bill Clinton, let it happen.
    As far as children go, some of the kids themselves are the terrorist and suicide bombers. Don't be fooled by age; war is war and is the only way to keep incidents like 9/11 and the United States-Libyan Embassy from happening again. It's a large-scale schoolyard playground out there; if we don't stand up for ourselves, we'll be pushed around, albeit in the form of terrorism or domination from other countries. Not everyone wants to make this world a better place, because a lot of people want it to become a worst place.
    /offtopic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pythonminion View Post

9/11 was caused by terrorism; however, the same terrorist who did it were released from federal prison several years earlier. In essence, the government, courtesy of Pres. Bill Clinton, let it happen.
    As far as children go, some of the kids themselves are the terrorist and suicide bombers. Don't be fooled by age; war is war and is the only way to keep incidents like 9/11 and the United States-Libyan Embassy from happening again. It's a large-scale schoolyard playground out there; if we don't stand up for ourselves, we'll be pushed around, albeit in the form of terrorism or domination from other countries. Not everyone wants to make this world a better place, because a lot of people want it to become a worst place.
    /offtopic
    OffTopic: 9/11 was our own government. why else would they lie about everything? you respond with words that were fed to you by, yes, your government. don't be fooled by those who are in power. not just children, but a number of innocent families have been droned in other countries by our gov for the "search of WMDs" when indeed they have found none. all life is valuable and we should be mature enough to know that standing up for ourselves doesn't mean going around and killing for profit in the name of peace. do some more research, before you are going to defend something you have seen on mainstream outlets. 9/11 happened so you would feel like there is a need for war. America is the terrorists. and being brainwashed by the people who are in power. there is a force working out there to make this an unpleasant place, while there are actually some people trying to make it better.
    Last edited by alykoz; 07-28-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast