Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,260

0 members and 3,260 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I just had to add, I don't know how anyone can say they won't take the Boas. They are proposing to add Boas to the Lacey Act right now, as well as Retics and several species of Anaconda. If this passes, it just makes it easy for them.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 615 Posts

Re: Dreams of breeding ball pythons? Kiss them goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I just had to add, I don't know how anyone can say they won't take the Boas. They are proposing to add Boas to the Lacey Act right now, as well as Retics and several species of Anaconda. If this passes, it just makes it easy for them.
    my point exactly. they start with the biggest snakes and work their way down. first burms and anacondas, then retics and boas.. what does everyone think comes after boas? nothing? they're just going to stop? does it look like they're stopping now? then it's the carpets and the balls. i can go to my local petco for crying out loud and buy a boa right now if i wanted. that shows you how common boas are and they are trying to add that to the Lacey Act. to think the next logical step isn't our balls (pun 100% intended) is CHOOSING to be ignorant.

to turn your head and not care when you see the larger snakes getting banned simply because you don't own one or plan to, is downright selfish. i own a boa and a retic. i spend every day with them. they are part of my family. is your 200 pound mastiff any less of family than my 5 pound chihuahua? no, but if they were trying to ban your mastiff you better believe i would be on your side. why? because i would HATE to have my dogs banned. you're either a dog lover or you're not. you're either a snake lover or you're not. just because you prefer one species and they are targeting another, it's irrelevant to you?

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheSnakeGeek For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (07-25-2013),BlueMoonExotics (07-25-2013),M&H (07-25-2013),Marrissa (07-25-2013),MootWorm (07-25-2013)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

BPs are not too big to fall. Anyone that thinks so is mistaken and just needs to remember HR 669 and the HSUS' stated intent to ban the sale of ALL reptiles as pets ...

"Finally, we recommend that [government] regulatory bodies put an end to the reptile trade: State and local authorities are encouraged to ban the commercial collection of reptiles to protect wild populations of reptiles and ban the sale of reptiles as pets to the general public in order to protect human health..."
    http://www.cornutopia.com/Corn%20Uto...cornsnakes.htm
    Specialty Serpents
    www.specialtyserpents.com

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ER12 For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (07-25-2013),rabernet (07-26-2013),TheSnakeGeek (07-25-2013)

Thanks
    Done...this makes me sick on levels beyond just reptile keeping

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rascal_rascal_99 For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (07-27-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for the links. I sent a few emails off. Let's hope for the best!

The gist of what I said is the same thing I say about sex ed. We don't need to fight this fun hobby people have. We need to fight ignorance! It's just ignorant for people to keep these animals dangerously or let them loose...so it's important to make reptile keepers more informed.
    1.0 Pastel 66% het pied (Kingston)
    1.0 Specter (Forge)
    1.0 Super Fire (Oberon)
    1.1 Pinstripe (Jasper, Jezebel)
    1.1 Lesser (Paris, Isabelle)
    1.1 Black Pastel het ghost (Titus, Drusilla)
    0.1 Bumblebee (Havana)
    0.1 Spider (Arachne)
    0.1 Albino (Corena)
    0.1 Mojave (Brighton)
    0.2 Normal (Jeshikah, Aurora)
    0.1 Het Ghost (Verity)
    0.1 Pastel Yellow Belly (Bagheera)
    0.1 ??? Firefly or Pastel Disco (Ditze Vonteaze)
    0.1 Lemonblast (Limona)
    0.1 Yellowbelly (Ghana)
    0.1 Pastel Orange Ghost (Varekai)
    1.0 Jungle Carpet (Dayah)
    1.0 Hognose (Pepper)
    1.0 Banana Albino Cal King (Anuk)
    0.1 Albino RTB (Spooky)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sharkrocket For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (07-26-2013)

Thanks
    Update from USARKS Facebook:

USARK Press Release: Earlier this week, USARK President Phil Goss traveled to Washington, D.C. to meet with House and Senate Congressional offices to express our opposition to the latest attempt by the USFWS to change the rules in support of their misguided efforts to list the remaining five constrictor snake species as injurious under the Lacey Act. Working in conjunction with the House Natural Resources Committee, USARK was instrumental in gaining the signatures of key comm...ittee members on a letter to FWS Director Dan Ashe, opposing the categorical exclusion waiver for Lacey Act listings (view the letter HERE). In addition, while in Washington, USARK and PIJAC joined forces to meet with the Small Business Office of Advocacy (SBA) to develop and coordinate a strategy to fight back against this blatant USFWS attempt to circumvent the rules. As a result of this strategy session with SBA, USARK, through its Washington, D.C. legal and legislative counsel, has been in touch with the Office of Management and Budget to request their review of the proposed waiver and the impact it will have on small breeders, hobbyists, businesses and pet owners across the country.

More details concerning USARK's latest visit to Washington will be shared soon. Right now, of utmost importance is for the herp community to use the two USARK Action Alerts below and share them. There are two issues demanding immediate action. The first alert addresses a USFWS proposal to list any species as injurious without full due process afforded under the law (i.e. no scientific support, no research, no economic impact study, etc.). This categorical exclusion affects a huge portion of the pet community (reptiles, amphibians, fish, birds, small mammals, etc.). The second alert concerns a push by anti-pet groups to add 5 species of snakes (including all boa constrictors and reticulated pythons) as injurious, which would make interstate commerce, interstate transportation and importation all illegal. Anti-pet groups want no pets. Big snakes are just their first target. Support the entire herp community and stop them now! Share these alerts with all pet owners. All information can be found at the links below. The time to act is now, Reptile Nation!

Action Alert 1: http://usark.org/action-alert/usfws-...l-exclusion-2/

Action Alert 2: http://usark.org/press-releases/acti...-as-injurious/
    5.5.13 C. Ciliatus - Specialize in Super Dals
    0.0.1 V. Exanthematicus (Skorge)
    4.4 U. Lineatus
    1.2 N. Amyae
    1.2.2 N. levis levis
    1.0 U. Pietschmanni (Pietsch)
    5.2.2 U. Fimbriatus

Lots of BPs focusing on Clown stuff in 2014.

1.0 P. Reticulatus 50% Dwarf Purple Albino het Gen Stripe

Chris from The Lizard Horde
    www.thelizardhorde.com
    Our Iherp Reptile Collection
    https://www.facebook.com/TheLizardHorde

Thanks
    Is there something European snake keepers can do? I assume we don't have any influence whatsoever in the Lacey Act. Or am I wrong?

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 615 Posts

Dreams of breeding ball pythons? Kiss them goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Blubb View Post
    Is there something European snake keepers can do? I assume we don't have any influence whatsoever in the Lacey Act. Or am I wrong?
    spread the word to any americans you know or can get in touch with.

Thanks
    Done and done.

BPnet Veteran C&H Exotic Morphs's Avatar
    Thanks
    It looks like they are trying to add ALL Amphibians to the list too!

So for anyone who thinks this doesn't involve them or that they are only going after the Large Constrictors think again!!!
    This involves all of us no matter what you keep!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast